New Jersey 2018

knottingpurple
Member
Member
Posts: 212
Joined: April 10th, 2016, 5:44 am
Division: Grad
State: NJ
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby knottingpurple » January 17th, 2018, 3:28 pm

So this year chem lab for Div C is broken into 4 blocks rather than 3, that doesn't look like it happened with any other event, I don't remember it being like that in previous years? But I guess maybe there's not enough space for more people doing labs at once, or something.
"She was determined to drop his acquaintance immediately, and she was very thankful that she had never been acquainted with him at all... she hated him so much that she was resolved never to mention his name again, and she should tell everybody she saw, how good-for-nothing he was."

User avatar
lumosityfan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 211
Joined: July 14th, 2012, 7:00 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby lumosityfan » January 17th, 2018, 3:41 pm

WhatScience? wrote:
lumosityfan wrote:Bunch of NJ information just came out! Enjoy :D

State Bids: http://njscienceolympiad.org/tournament ... index.html
Event Schedule: http://njscienceolympiad.org/tournament ... ev0117.pdf
Also, trial event information here: http://njscienceolympiad.org/events/trial/index.html There will be 2 trial events.

To ease your transition into finding out who made states, here's a list for you:
Division B:
Al-Ghazaly Jr HS
Alpine MS
Central Jersey College Prep Charter
Churchill Jr HS
Community MS
Cranbury School
Crossroads MS
Demarest MS
Glenfield MS
Hammarskjold MS
Haworth Public School
Hillsborough MS
Hoboken Dual Language Charter
Medford Memorial MS
Montgomery Upper MS
Mount Olive MS
Noor-Ul-Iman School
Paternson Academy for Gifted/Talented
Pond Road MS
Primoris Academy
Rising Star Academy
Tenfaly MS
Tenakill MS
Thomas Edison EnergySmart Charter
Thomas Grover MS
Voorhees MS
William R. Satz MS
Division C:
Bergen County Academies
Cherry Hill HS East
East Brunswick HS
Governor Livingston HS
Hillsborough HS
Holmdel HS
JP Stevens HS
Lawrence HS
Livingston HS
Middlesex County Academy
Millburn HS
Montgomery HS
Montville Twp HS
Noor-Ul-Iman School
Parsippany HS
Princeton Day School
Princeton HS
Randolph HS
Ridge HS
Robbinsville HS
Somerset Co Vo/Tech
Tenafly HS
UCVTS
West Windsor Plainsboro HS North
West Windsor Plainsboro HS South
Westfield HS

Congrats to those who made states!


Lol lumo, you had this up before the state website did

BTW, where do we register for time slots


Are you sure? I swear I got all this from the state website... Also there will be a link for you to sign up for time slots at the front of the website and on the states page.
JP Stevens 2015, Columbia University 2019
See my favorite teams' event history: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
2016-18 UCC Regionals Astronomy ES, 2017 Princeton Invitational Helicopters ES

User avatar
WhatScience?
Member
Member
Posts: 394
Joined: July 16th, 2017, 4:03 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby WhatScience? » January 17th, 2018, 3:53 pm

lumosityfan wrote:
WhatScience? wrote:
lumosityfan wrote:Bunch of NJ information just came out! Enjoy :D

State Bids: http://njscienceolympiad.org/tournament ... index.html
Event Schedule: http://njscienceolympiad.org/tournament ... ev0117.pdf
Also, trial event information here: http://njscienceolympiad.org/events/trial/index.html There will be 2 trial events.

To ease your transition into finding out who made states, here's a list for you:
Division B:
Al-Ghazaly Jr HS
Alpine MS
Central Jersey College Prep Charter
Churchill Jr HS
Community MS
Cranbury School
Crossroads MS
Demarest MS
Glenfield MS
Hammarskjold MS
Haworth Public School
Hillsborough MS
Hoboken Dual Language Charter
Medford Memorial MS
Montgomery Upper MS
Mount Olive MS
Noor-Ul-Iman School
Paternson Academy for Gifted/Talented
Pond Road MS
Primoris Academy
Rising Star Academy
Tenfaly MS
Tenakill MS
Thomas Edison EnergySmart Charter
Thomas Grover MS
Voorhees MS
William R. Satz MS
Division C:
Bergen County Academies
Cherry Hill HS East
East Brunswick HS
Governor Livingston HS
Hillsborough HS
Holmdel HS
JP Stevens HS
Lawrence HS
Livingston HS
Middlesex County Academy
Millburn HS
Montgomery HS
Montville Twp HS
Noor-Ul-Iman School
Parsippany HS
Princeton Day School
Princeton HS
Randolph HS
Ridge HS
Robbinsville HS
Somerset Co Vo/Tech
Tenafly HS
UCVTS
West Windsor Plainsboro HS North
West Windsor Plainsboro HS South
Westfield HS

Congrats to those who made states!


Lol lumo, you had this up before the state website did

BTW, where do we register for time slots


Are you sure? I swear I got all this from the state website... Also there will be a link for you to sign up for time slots at the front of the website and on the states page.

Ummm.I checked the states website and it wasn't there though...had to refresh like 10 times

but the slot signups aren't up yet...right
"When you clean your room, you are increasing the total chaos of the universe" - Hank Green Crash Course (Entropy)

Events 2018

Thermodynamics, Potions and Poisons, Disease Detectives, Optics, and Towers

User avatar
WhatScience?
Member
Member
Posts: 394
Joined: July 16th, 2017, 4:03 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby WhatScience? » January 17th, 2018, 3:53 pm

btw ppl, any idea on the 2nd B trial
"When you clean your room, you are increasing the total chaos of the universe" - Hank Green Crash Course (Entropy)

Events 2018

Thermodynamics, Potions and Poisons, Disease Detectives, Optics, and Towers

knottingpurple
Member
Member
Posts: 212
Joined: April 10th, 2016, 5:44 am
Division: Grad
State: NJ
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby knottingpurple » January 17th, 2018, 4:01 pm

WhatScience? wrote:btw ppl, any idea on the 2nd B trial


Both of the past couple of years there's been a bio-related trial event at States, I guess they have people able to run those events? Maybe they'd do a similar thing again?
"She was determined to drop his acquaintance immediately, and she was very thankful that she had never been acquainted with him at all... she hated him so much that she was resolved never to mention his name again, and she should tell everybody she saw, how good-for-nothing he was."

AnonymousStudier
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: January 2nd, 2018, 3:13 pm
State: -
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby AnonymousStudier » January 19th, 2018, 8:08 am

When will signups be posted?

CMS AC
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: January 10th, 2017, 3:54 pm
Division: B
State: NJ
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby CMS AC » January 19th, 2018, 9:58 am

You're going to states? What school?

User avatar
lumosityfan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 211
Joined: July 14th, 2012, 7:00 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby lumosityfan » January 19th, 2018, 2:43 pm

AnonymousStudier wrote:When will signups be posted?


They haven't listed it on the website yet but I would imagine it will be posted about a month from now. (That being said no promises.)
JP Stevens 2015, Columbia University 2019
See my favorite teams' event history: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
2016-18 UCC Regionals Astronomy ES, 2017 Princeton Invitational Helicopters ES

User avatar
WhatScience?
Member
Member
Posts: 394
Joined: July 16th, 2017, 4:03 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby WhatScience? » January 28th, 2018, 1:42 pm

BUMP
"When you clean your room, you are increasing the total chaos of the universe" - Hank Green Crash Course (Entropy)

Events 2018

Thermodynamics, Potions and Poisons, Disease Detectives, Optics, and Towers

maxxxxx
Member
Member
Posts: 282
Joined: November 30th, 2015, 8:11 am
Division: Grad
State: PA
Location: CA
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby maxxxxx » January 28th, 2018, 2:47 pm

WhatScience? wrote:BUMP


Forum Rules wrote:2. Posts should have a legitimate purpose.
Lower Merion Class Of 2017

User avatar
WhatScience?
Member
Member
Posts: 394
Joined: July 16th, 2017, 4:03 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby WhatScience? » January 28th, 2018, 7:09 pm

maxxxxx wrote:
WhatScience? wrote:BUMP


Forum Rules wrote:2. Posts should have a legitimate purpose.

the purpose was to get discussion going again

:(
"When you clean your room, you are increasing the total chaos of the universe" - Hank Green Crash Course (Entropy)

Events 2018

Thermodynamics, Potions and Poisons, Disease Detectives, Optics, and Towers

knottingpurple
Member
Member
Posts: 212
Joined: April 10th, 2016, 5:44 am
Division: Grad
State: NJ
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby knottingpurple » January 28th, 2018, 7:41 pm

WhatScience? wrote:
maxxxxx wrote:
WhatScience? wrote:BUMP


Forum Rules wrote:2. Posts should have a legitimate purpose.

the purpose was to get discussion going again

:(


You want something to discuss? How about the fact that NJSO put out a call for volunteers for States, and that now makes it our job to find enough volunteers that 0 events get cancelled? My mum said this year she might be able to volunteer, she'd probably ask for meteorology or remote sensing I imagine if she did, because she's not going to Antarctica 2 days after States this year, but idk who else to pester into volunteering, I feel like a lot of my team's alums already have plans for that day or are too far away or...
"She was determined to drop his acquaintance immediately, and she was very thankful that she had never been acquainted with him at all... she hated him so much that she was resolved never to mention his name again, and she should tell everybody she saw, how good-for-nothing he was."

User avatar
WhatScience?
Member
Member
Posts: 394
Joined: July 16th, 2017, 4:03 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby WhatScience? » January 29th, 2018, 5:08 am

knottingpurple wrote:
WhatScience? wrote:
maxxxxx wrote:

the purpose was to get discussion going again

:(


You want something to discuss? How about the fact that NJSO put out a call for volunteers for States, and that now makes it our job to find enough volunteers that 0 events get cancelled? My mum said this year she might be able to volunteer, she'd probably ask for meteorology or remote sensing I imagine if she did, because she's not going to Antarctica 2 days after States this year, but idk who else to pester into volunteering, I feel like a lot of my team's alums already have plans for that day or are too far away or...

This is correct

Attention to everyone on scioly.org...contact nj science olympiad and ask if they need help...BECAUSE THEY DO....and I don't want one of my events to be cancelled...Again
"When you clean your room, you are increasing the total chaos of the universe" - Hank Green Crash Course (Entropy)

Events 2018

Thermodynamics, Potions and Poisons, Disease Detectives, Optics, and Towers

User avatar
Tailsfan101
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 540
Joined: April 14th, 2017, 4:33 pm
Division: B
State: ID
Location: Somewhere off studying
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby Tailsfan101 » January 29th, 2018, 7:36 am

WhatScience? wrote:...Attention to everyone on scioly.org...contact nj science olympiad and ask if they need help...BECAUSE THEY DO....and I don't want one of my events to be cancelled...Again

I live in Idaho, and I think I have ITBS Testing that day, so there.
2019 Treasure Valley Homeschool Wiki (Division B)
2018
State/Nats
Crime: 1/35
Road: 1/44
DD: 2/37
MM: 3/46

2017
State/Nats
DD: 1/16
DP: -/50
Road: 2/51
FF: 4/59

2019 events: Road Scholar, Crime Busters, Disease Detectives, Heredity
Assassinator for game #118

User avatar
WhatScience?
Member
Member
Posts: 394
Joined: July 16th, 2017, 4:03 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Contact:

Re: New Jersey 2018

Postby WhatScience? » January 29th, 2018, 7:41 am

Tailsfan101 wrote:
WhatScience? wrote:...Attention to everyone on scioly.org...contact nj science olympiad and ask if they need help...BECAUSE THEY DO....and I don't want one of my events to be cancelled...Again

I live in Idaho, and I think I have ITBS Testing that day, so there.

do not make excuses

there are tests every week

planes everyday

and excuses being made every second

don't be part of the problem

:lol:
"When you clean your room, you are increasing the total chaos of the universe" - Hank Green Crash Course (Entropy)

Events 2018

Thermodynamics, Potions and Poisons, Disease Detectives, Optics, and Towers


Return to “2018 Regionals and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests