Eagle View MS (2017-2019)

whythelongface
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NJ

Re: Pennsylvania 2018

Postby whythelongface » November 22nd, 2017, 6:41 pm

You Pennsylvania people are so over-the-top aggressive, although with a school like Harriton dominating, I can kind of see why.
WEST WINDSOR-PLAINSBORO HIGH SCHOOL SOUTH '18
EMORY UNIVERSITY '22
SONT 2017 5th Place Medalist [Microbe Mission]

"One little Sciolyer left all alone,
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none."

Congratulations to WW-P South for winning 14th place at Nationals!

kendreaditya
Division: C
State: PA

Postby kendreaditya » November 24th, 2017, 10:43 am

You Pennsylvania people are so over-the-top aggressive, although with a school like Harriton dominating, I can kind of see why.
I personally don't think our state is aggressive, we are just competitive. Last year, I met some people from Shady Side, and we became friends, we got along, even though our team placed 3rd at states, and Shady Side placed 2nd.

Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby Anomaly » November 25th, 2017, 9:21 am

Hello. I do not mean to offend anyone with my predictions.

For Div. C I would watch out for a team from the Central region. They have had done terrible in the past but they are coming. They will be at Rustian. I predict 2nd in the state, and 1st in regionals.

Divison B states top 5:
1) Springhouse
2) Shady Side
3) Bala Cynwyd
4) Eagle View
5) Strath Haven
6) Park Forest

Division C states top 5:
1) Harriton
2) **Classified Information***
3) Bayard Rustin
4) Lower Merion
5) Penn Crest
6) ML
I am I under the impression that the "classified" team in division C is your team, which, seeing how you have established you are in Div C and went to Eagle View, is Cumberland Valley High School. Seeing their scores from the past and the competiveness of PA Div C, I would say that is highly unlikely.
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s

whythelongface
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Postby whythelongface » November 25th, 2017, 4:07 pm

I am I under the impression that the "classified" team in division C is your team, which, seeing how you have established you are in Div C and went to Eagle View, is Cumberland Valley High School. Seeing their scores from the past and the competiveness of PA Div C, I would say that is highly unlikely.
Exhibit A
WEST WINDSOR-PLAINSBORO HIGH SCHOOL SOUTH '18
EMORY UNIVERSITY '22
SONT 2017 5th Place Medalist [Microbe Mission]

"One little Sciolyer left all alone,
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none."

Congratulations to WW-P South for winning 14th place at Nationals!

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
State: MD

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » November 26th, 2017, 3:28 pm

Have you ever read any Southern California threads? :P
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

kendreaditya

Postby kendreaditya » November 27th, 2017, 2:24 pm

Think about it!

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » November 29th, 2017, 7:58 am

Think about it!
Anomaly does have a point here. Note that she didn't say it's impossible, which it's not, but she said it was highly unlikely, which it is. It would be almost unprecedented for a high school team to elevate from not making states to top 6 in the state in a single year, at least in the case of receiving a class from a middle school team. Generally, significant one-year rises occur with the creation of a completely new team, a coaching change, an influx of upperclassmen, and/or newly making states in a competitive region (i.e. SEPA). Otherwise, you're more likely to see a rise a couple years down the line, when a successful B division class has adapted to division C and starts leading the team. Examples of the latter are Abington Heights in 2015-2017, from their 2013 B team, and Cedar Cliff in 2015-2016 from their Allen teams. You can also see an improvement starting from Franklin Regional, who rose from 27th to 19th the year after getting a successful B class.

B division in PA is definitely improving, but C division is still at another level of competitiveness. The crux is that the sheer number of very solid, experienced teams that know what they're doing is higher: the top 6 of Harriton, Rustin, LM, Stoga, Shady Side, and Penncrest speaks for itself, and then you have about 10 more teams that are all very strong teams, who put in a lot of work and exhibit consistency across the board. Even down to around 25th or so, you still find teams that have gone to multiple tournaments before regionals and have experience at state tournaments. It is not easy to jump places in C Division for PA.

Jumping into the top 10 can definitely be done, especially over the span of multiple years, but you must remember to temper expectations a bit and not get discouraged if you don't rise that high in one year. Building and improving a team in C Division is a process, and you can use incremental goals (e.g. qualifying for states) to help you realize your ultimate goals down the line.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
BBCode Wiki

Froggie
Division: B

Postby Froggie » November 29th, 2017, 8:04 am

Think about it!
Anomaly does have a point here. Note that she didn't say it's impossible, which it's not, but she said it was highly unlikely, which it is. It would be almost unprecedented for a high school team to elevate from not making states to top 6 in the state in a single year, at least in the case of receiving a class from a middle school team. Generally, significant one-year rises occur with the creation of a completely new team, a coaching change, an influx of upperclassmen, and/or newly making states in a competitive region (i.e. SEPA). Otherwise, you're more likely to see a rise a couple years down the line, when a successful B division class has adapted to division C and starts leading the team. Examples of the latter are Abington Heights in 2015-2017, from their 2013 B team, and Cedar Cliff in 2015-2016 from their Allen teams. You can also see an improvement starting from Franklin Regional, who rose from 27th to 19th the year after getting a successful B class.

B division in PA is definitely improving, but C division is still at another level of competitiveness. The crux is that the sheer number of very solid, experienced teams that know what they're doing is higher: the top 6 of Harriton, Rustin, LM, Stoga, Shady Side, and Penncrest speaks for itself, and then you have about 10 more teams that are all very strong teams, who put in a lot of work and exhibit consistency across the board. Even down to around 25th or so, you still find teams that have gone to multiple tournaments before regionals and have experience at state tournaments. It is not easy to jump places in C Division for PA.

Jumping into the top 10 can definitely be done, especially over the span of multiple years, but you must remember to temper expectations a bit and not get discouraged if you don't rise that high in one year. Building and improving a team in C Division is a process, and you can use incremental goals (e.g. qualifying for states) to help you realize your ultimate goals down the line.
Eagle View did jump from 8th to 3rd, which is pretty impressive. If lots of people went from Eagle View to Cumberland this year from last year, it’s definitely not impossible.
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » November 29th, 2017, 8:20 am

Eagle View did jump from 8th to 3rd, which is pretty impressive. If lots of people went from Eagle View to Cumberland this year from last year, it’s definitely not impossible.
That's still a jump of 5 places. Cumberland Valley did not qualify for states last year. I would say reaching top 20 is well within reason, and even top 15 is not unreasonable if they show out well at invitationals. But a jump from 8th to 3rd in B division is not analogous to a jump from not making states to 6th in C division.

Helpful Links
Wiki
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
BBCode Wiki

Return to “2018 Regionals & States”