Idaho 2018

IdahoSciGuy
Division: Grad
State: ID

Re: Idaho 2018

Post by IdahoSciGuy »

Ahhhh!!!! So many active Idaho users! When I was involved in Science Olympiad years ago, I was the only one really. So glad to see everything growing :)

I'm on the Board of Directors for the Idaho Science Olympiad, and let me tell ya, we can't wait to welcome you to BSU for the first time! Its my hope that even though its our first time at a new campus that there won't be too many kinks come competition day. We've been busy since last summer trying to get everything in line and prepared, so fingers crossed!

A little about me: I've been involved in science Olympiad since my first event(reach for the stars) back in 2004. Competed for Bishop Kelly at Nationals every time(back during the dynasty). Now I'm going on almost a decade of being the Dynamic Planet Event Supervisor and this year I was personally involved in creating/preparing/reviewing Dynamic Planet, Road Scholar, Fast Facts, Anatomy and Physiology, Solar System, Crime Busters, Meteorology, Herpetology(I'm actually doing the formatting of the sheets for the stations today so that setup goes easier this Friday), and possibly Astronomy(I'm the backup test writer as we wait for the Astronomy test to come in. Literally the last one that needs to be accounted for.) Going from a single event supervisor to being involved in so many events was hectic, but super exciting at the same time!

Do you all have any questions about the tournament this weekend? I obviously can't say anything test content related, but as a graduate of Boise State, I know the campus inside and out!
Actually, if you don't mind, it's just the doctor. - Doctor Who.

Board of Directors
Idaho Science Olympiad
RoboStudent
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by RoboStudent »

IdahoSciGuy wrote:I've been involved in science Olympiad since my first event(reach for the stars) back in 2004. Competed for Bishop Kelly at Nationals every time(back during the dynasty).
Bishop Kelly will be back in action this weekend to try to claim the trophy after getting second last year :cry: I had no idea there was an Idaho grad on here.
Idaho SO
Bishop Kelly High School
RoboStudent's Userpage
RoboStudent

Post by RoboStudent »

Tailsfan101 wrote:Predictions:

Division B
1. Saint Joseph's
2. Treasure Valley
3. Fairmont
4. Sacred Heart
5. Saint Paul's

Division C
1. Treasure Valley
2. Bishop Kelly
3. Twin Falls
4. Capital
5. Rigby
I think these predictiona are good, but you seem to have accidentally placed the number 2 next to Bishop Kelly...
Idaho SO
Bishop Kelly High School
RoboStudent's Userpage
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

RoboStudent wrote:
Tailsfan101 wrote:Predictions:

Division B
1. Saint Joseph's
2. Treasure Valley
3. Fairmont
4. Sacred Heart
5. Saint Paul's

Division C
1. Treasure Valley
2. Bishop Kelly
3. Twin Falls
4. Capital
5. Rigby
I think these predictions are good, but you seem to have accidentally placed the number 2 next to Bishop Kelly...
It wasn't an accident. No offense, but I think TVHSOT's high school team is strong this year, seeing how they won the Nebo Invitational this year at their first ever invite.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
MissAmargasaurus
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by MissAmargasaurus »

8-) We're ready for a fight this year Bishop Kelly, quite excited to see how y'all do. My team is ready to compete on Saturday and just all around excited to see who comes on top.

Also it's so cool to know there's an Idaho grad here! I'm quite excited to see how the Herpetology test is run, hoping it'll be good. Shame we aren't at Northwest Nazarene this year though, we could of had actual specimens! Although to be fair taking Invasives in that room was a struggle for me, too many cool animals to wanna look at. :P
2016-17: Expd, Invasive Species, Wind Power, Forenics
2017-18: Expd, Ecology, Herp
2018-19: Expd, Fossils, Herp, Wright Stuff
2019-20: Expd, Fossils, Ornith, Wright Stuff

TVHSOT captain of 2019-20. Finding your passion in events is the road to victory! I love ancient creatures & rocks. <3
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Good luck to everyone competing tomorrow!
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
IdahoSciGuy

Post by IdahoSciGuy »

MissAmargasaurus wrote:8-) We're ready for a fight this year Bishop Kelly, quite excited to see how y'all do. My team is ready to compete on Saturday and just all around excited to see who comes on top.

Also it's so cool to know there's an Idaho grad here! I'm quite excited to see how the Herpetology test is run, hoping it'll be good. Shame we aren't at Northwest Nazarene this year though, we could of had actual specimens! Although to be fair taking Invasives in that room was a struggle for me, too many cool animals to wanna look at. :P
That's our hope to eventually get to that point! This is our first year at Boise State, so there might be a few growing pains as we get the feel for a new campus and receive more support as time goes on!

Since it's the night before, let me wish you all the best of luck and let me know if there's anything we can do to make it better for competitors after this is all said and done!
Actually, if you don't mind, it's just the doctor. - Doctor Who.

Board of Directors
Idaho Science Olympiad
RoboStudent

Post by RoboStudent »

Tailsfan101 wrote:Good luck to everyone competing tomorrow!
Yeah, you guys too! The grind is finishing off right now- my brother is on St. Joe's 7th-grade varsity and he's feeling the night-before stress :lol: happens to the best of us ;)
Idaho SO
Bishop Kelly High School
RoboStudent's Userpage
Nerd_Bunny

Post by Nerd_Bunny »

Good morning everyone! Good luck today- it's going to be fun!
Events: A&P, DD, Circuit Lab
States/Nats
2017 DD: 1/16
2018 A&P: 1/29
2019 A&P: 1/22
2019 PM: 1/22 
If you're curious...yes, I like rabbits.
NeBH

Post by NeBH »

Nerd_Bunny wrote:Good morning everyone! Good luck today- it's going to be fun!
https://media.giphy.com/media/72RbzDyPdRf44/200.gif

Geronimo!

Return to “2018 Regionals & States”