Ohio 2018

Crtomir
Division: B
State: OH

Re: Ohio 2018

Post by Crtomir »

knightmoves wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote: I'd say it'd be a good idea to just take away the scores for the event, as it probably should have been to begin with.
Probably?

East, you are the master of the understatement. The scores were all assigned to random teams. It is mind-boggling that they have been left in. One for PRES, I think.
Well, if they turned it into a trial event (after the awards ceremony), there would have been a lot of negative reactions from lots of coaches. Since it wasn't going to affect the team rankings for the top teams (they all would have done pretty well in Mystery Architecture just like they had been doing all season), it was decided not to worry about making it a trial event. Sometimes, it's best to leave well enough alone. At least our kids know what they would have scored, but it wouldn't have bumped our team rank up or down.
Crtomir
Division: B
State: OH

Post by Crtomir »

chalker wrote:
knightmoves wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote: I'd say it'd be a good idea to just take away the scores for the event, as it probably should have been to begin with.
Probably?

East, you are the master of the understatement. The scores were all assigned to random teams. It is mind-boggling that they have been left in. One for PRES, I think.
I'll copy what I put in the other thread about this: Just wanted to point out that while this did potentially happen, there isn't any concrete evidence to prove that it did happen. We looked at this a bit after the ceremony and couldn't conclude one way or the other. Note it also didn't matter if we trialed the event, as the gap between 2nd and 3rd place was more than the number of teams, hence it wouldn't change who was going to nationals.
True. I should have been more careful to say that the scores seemed suspcet and this was the best theory we had as to what happend. There was no conclusive evidence and even if the event was turned into a trial event, it would not have made enough of a difference in the team rankings. No official arbitration was filed. I apologize for stirring the pot. My intention was just to let the Mystery Architecture people know how they tested Cantilevers and how a well-performing cantlilever looked like.
zannash
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by zannash »

Is anyone here on the discord, because I would be interested in starting an Ohio channel on the Science Olympiad Discord. There is am officially announced update to create channels for specific states.
kate!
Division: C
State: NY

Post by kate! »

zannash wrote:Is anyone here on the discord, because I would be interested in starting an Ohio channel on the Science Olympiad Discord. There is am officially announced update to create channels for specific states.
On the discord, you need 3 people from your state to create a state channel. It has been said that you can create one by yourself, it'll just be very lonely. Since there are a lot of users from Ohio, maybe ask to have one created and periodically check if anyone else wants to join.
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I knew stuff about birds and fossils!
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Old state tournament results:
  • 2004 Div B / Div C (includes raw scores)
  • Probably 2001 B / C
  • Possibly 2000 B / C
Is anyone able to confirm the years for 2000 and 2001?
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
4Head
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by 4Head »

Unome wrote:Old state tournament results:
  • Probably 2001 B / C
  • Possibly 2000 B / C
bruh half of us werent alive then :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2019 Sounds of Music National Champion
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

4Head wrote:
Unome wrote:Old state tournament results:
  • Probably 2001 B / C
  • Possibly 2000 B / C
bruh half of us werent alive then :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
But, the other half was :)

The scoresheets for 2000 and 2001 bear differences from the wiki, which is why I asked. Hopefully someone knows something...
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Return to “2018 Regionals & States”