Division: B
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Missouri 2018

Post by JVallurup47 »

dxu46 wrote:
JVallurup47 wrote:
Magikarpmaster629 wrote: I heard the audience was really rude about this- cheering when Ladue got second, and cheering even more when they heard it was just one point.

Not everyone was given thermometers. I don't see why they couldn't have just graded the test portion and not the build? Throwing out events is very uncommon for Missouri states, when there are constantly poor events run without throwing them out (see: Hydrogeology 2017 when I won the event because it was the Geologic Mapping test from the year before (although I didn't actually do Geomapping at competition besides that time I just studied for it)).
Another thing I heard was that ladue brought graphing calculators in many events that they weren’t allowed to. In optics they brought three graphing calcs instead of two.
Yeah, I kinda warned them, but...at least they didn't get disqualified ;)
Also apparently some of my teammates are saying that Wydown cheated in Hovercraft by having shielding or whatever? Can you confirm/deny?
Wydown didn't cheat. Our hovercraft failed! The only reason we got third was because of the test and the other bonuses.
superpenguin666
Division: C

Post by superpenguin666 »

Lol what is going on even...
Ladue lost and that's it. Although I knew that we were going to get 2nd in Division C after seeing our lack of medals, I was very surprised to see Division B get 2nd after getting so many 1sts and 2nds. Goes to show that every event counts, and if one person/partnership fails, the team will probably fail as well. It's quite sad; in 20 of the events Ladue got a score of 31, but WIDI and Rollercoaster contributed 39 points.
Well, RIP. Good luck to Pembroke, and hopefully Scioly state won't be on the same day as NSB next year (I had to miss NSB for it, but Ladue High still lost by 13 points) :( .
2017-2018 Season: Thermo :P , Ecology, Optics
Goals: Win nats in Optics and Thermo... wait a minute... :cry:
State: Not scored/1/1
pajobubo

Post by pajobubo »

dxu46 wrote:
hippo9 wrote:
dxu46 wrote: Yeah, I kinda warned them, but...at least they didn't get disqualified ;)
Also apparently some of my teammates are saying that Wydown cheated in Hovercraft by having shielding or whatever? Can you confirm/deny?
Ok I helped my schools hover team, and shielding is a safety requirementso I don't know how that would be cheating.
Well, I don't know anything about hovercraft so maybe they didn't have shielding? The point is that our hovercraft team was really po'ed
I can deny... my brother built the hovercraft so I saw it undergo its many iterations and I can attest that it did have shielding. I can also attest that’s it was a disaster, much to my disappointment and also entertainment to watch them try and figure out what was wrong with it.

What they might’ve been mad about was that they ripped of the inflated skirt to allow for more lift (which is what finally got it to work after 4 failed runs lmao), but this year it wasn’t a requirement to have an inflated skirt, just last year.
hippo9
State: IN

Post by hippo9 »

pajobubo wrote:
dxu46 wrote:
hippo9 wrote: Ok I helped my schools hover team, and shielding is a safety requirementso I don't know how that would be cheating.
Well, I don't know anything about hovercraft so maybe they didn't have shielding? The point is that our hovercraft team was really po'ed
I can deny... my brother built the hovercraft so I saw it undergo its many iterations and I can attest that it did have shielding. I can also attest that’s it was a disaster, much to my disappointment and also entertainment to watch them try and figure out what was wrong with it.

What they might’ve been mad about was that they ripped of the inflated skirt to allow for more lift (which is what finally got it to work after 4 failed runs lmao), but this year it wasn’t a requirement to have an inflated skirt, just last year.
Yeah there was no skirt requirement, but if they didn't have shielding on the bottom that might be it.
2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster
2019: Chem Lab, Code, Disease, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds
2020 and 2021: Astro, Chem Lab, Code, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds

When you miss nats twice by a combined two points :|
MattChina
State: NY

Post by MattChina »

JVallurup47 wrote:
dxu46 wrote:
JVallurup47 wrote:
Another thing I heard was that ladue brought graphing calculators in many events that they weren’t allowed to. In optics they brought three graphing calcs instead of two.
Yeah, I kinda warned them, but...at least they didn't get disqualified ;)
Wydown didn't cheat. Our hovercraft failed! The only reason we got third was because of the test and the other bonuses.
rlly? that happened to me at regionals but i wouldnt expect it to be possible at states?
2019 events: Water Quality, Battery Buggy, Elastic Launch Glider, Density Lab, Circuit Lab, Thermodynamics
R.C Murphy Co-Captain
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Team member
hippo9

Post by hippo9 »

MattChina wrote:
JVallurup47 wrote:
dxu46 wrote: Yeah, I kinda warned them, but...at least they didn't get disqualified ;)
rlly? that happened to me at regionals but i wouldnt expect it to be possible at states?
Yeah you think enough working hovercrafts would make that impossible.

MattChina
State: NY

Post by MattChina »

hippo9 wrote:
MattChina wrote:
JVallurup47 wrote:
probably the test was rlly hard
2019 events: Water Quality, Battery Buggy, Elastic Launch Glider, Density Lab, Circuit Lab, Thermodynamics
R.C Murphy Co-Captain
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Team member
hippo9

Post by hippo9 »

MattChina wrote:
hippo9 wrote:
MattChina wrote:
Yeah but with the way hover is scored, wouldn't it not matter that much because teams would still get somepoints from it.

JVallurup47

Post by JVallurup47 »

hippo9 wrote:
MattChina wrote:
hippo9 wrote: Yeah you think enough working hovercrafts would make that impossible.
Yeah but with the way hover is scored, wouldn't it not matter that much because teams would still get somepoints from it.
We got a near perfect score on the hover craft test.

Return to “2018 Regionals & States”