Missouri 2018

hippo9
Division: C
State: IN

Re: Missouri 2018

Post by hippo9 »

Unome wrote:
hippo9 wrote:Also since freshman tend to not have as high of a chance of making their high school's team, allowing 5 9th grader's in Div B lets them still compete.
I doubt that plays a big part. It's significantly easier for a freshman to be as good as someone a few years older than for a 6th grader.
True, but its still very difficult to make a 15 person team of upperclassmen in who have all taken or are taking AP science classes, when the highest science class a freshman would generally be in is Chemistry 1.
2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster
2019: Chem Lab, Code, Disease, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds
2020 and 2021: Astro, Chem Lab, Code, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds

When you miss nats twice by a combined two points :|
superpenguin666
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by superpenguin666 »

Did anybody notice that state has been rescheduled to the 28th? And Science Bowl Nationals (which Ladue is attending) is on the same day? Despite requests to change the date to the 5th of May, the state tournament is now on the 28th, and Ladue may be short a few members. Why was the 28th chosen? (What other national tournaments could there possibly be on the 5th?)
2017-2018 Season: Thermo :P , Ecology, Optics
Goals: Win nats in Optics and Thermo... wait a minute... :cry:
State: Not scored/1/1
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

superpenguin666 wrote:Did anybody notice that state has been rescheduled to the 28th? And Science Bowl Nationals (which Ladue is attending) is on the same day? Despite requests to change the date to the 5th of May, the state tournament is now on the 28th, and Ladue may be short a few members. Why was the 28th chosen? (What other national tournaments could there possibly be on the 5th?)
Especially being as late as it is, the date was probably chosen because it's all they could get and still have facilities available.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by dxu46 »

States are rescheduled to April 28th, tied for the latest state tournament this year!
JVallurup47
Division: B

Post by JVallurup47 »

superpenguin666 wrote:Did anybody notice that state has been rescheduled to the 28th? And Science Bowl Nationals (which Ladue is attending) is on the same day? Despite requests to change the date to the 5th of May, the state tournament is now on the 28th, and Ladue may be short a few members. Why was the 28th chosen? (What other national tournaments could there possibly be on the 5th?)
Are you sure they're going to national for scibowl? I thought they got second.
Unome

Post by Unome »

JVallurup47 wrote:
Per cursory Googling, Ladue Middle School is going to NSB.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by dxu46 »

Unome wrote:
JVallurup47 wrote:
*not

Ladue Middle School got second at regionals, while the high school got 1st.
superpenguin666

Post by superpenguin666 »

dxu46 wrote:
Unome wrote:
JVallurup47 wrote:
*not

Yup, that's completely true. However, a rule of NSB says that: "Students who change their minds after this date will not be eligible to compete in the 2019 or 2020 National Science Bowl regional or national events." AKA if Ladue Sci Bowl don't compete at Sci Bowl Nationals -- None of the members (including myself) will be able to compete for the next 2 years. And there are no exemptions to this, so Ladue will most likely have a unjust disadvantage at State due to the decision to put the makeup date on the 28th (the other possible date they offered was the 5th of the May, but the majority probably said they wanted the tournament on the 28th). This is... quite a conflict -- I wish such next year that such conflicts would not present itself two days before the supposed tournament, and after the deadline for Sci Bowl nationals. :cry:
2017-2018 Season: Thermo :P , Ecology, Optics
Goals: Win nats in Optics and Thermo... wait a minute... :cry:
State: Not scored/1/1
Unome

Post by Unome »

superpenguin666 wrote:
dxu46 wrote:
Unome wrote: Per cursory Googling, Ladue Middle School is going to NSB.
*not

Yup, that's completely true. However, a rule of NSB says that: "Students who change their minds after this date will not be eligible to compete in the 2019 or 2020 National Science Bowl regional or national events." AKA if Ladue Sci Bowl don't compete at Sci Bowl Nationals -- None of the members (including myself) will be able to compete for the next 2 years. And there are no exemptions to this, so Ladue will most likely have a unjust disadvantage at State due to the decision to put the makeup date on the 28th (the other possible date they offered was the 5th of the May, but the majority probably said they wanted the tournament on the 28th). This is... quite a conflict -- I wish such next year that such conflicts would not present itself two days before the supposed tournament, and after the deadline for Sci Bowl nationals. :cry:
This is why I don't do anything other than SO.

(well - not the main reason, but part of it)
Userpage

JVallurup47
Division: B

Post by JVallurup47 »

superpenguin666 wrote:
dxu46 wrote:
Unome wrote: Per cursory Googling, Ladue Middle School is going to NSB.
*not

So, the lms team isn't going to nationals for sci bowl?

Return to “2018 Regionals & States”