Releasing graded tests at Regionals and States

bearasauras
State: CA

Re: Releasing graded tests at Regionals and States

Post by bearasauras »

I'd really like to offer this to the teams if it's helpful. I want to make sure I provide some reasonable method of doing this for my Regional Directors before asking them to do it. Some of them have done this in the past on during business hours because this is part of their job, but teachers are teaching at the time. I've also heard from one of my Regional Directors yesterday that there were complaints from teams saying this is unfair but it's a 1 to 2 hours drive for some teams to get to the Regional Director. This might be a localized problem in California because of our size.
knottingpurple
Division: Grad
State: NJ

Re: Releasing graded tests at Regionals and States

Post by knottingpurple »

bearasauras wrote:Ah that makes sense. So with the written events, would it be helpful to get the raw score and the range of scores back?
Princeton's public score histograms this year were really really nice, without making the data too detailed it showed you whether scores were super close or spread out, and just gave you much better context for your score. If more tournaments do histograms I think it would be great.
WWP South, graduated 2018
Current undegrad in physics @Oxford University

Return to “2018 Regionals & States”