Page 2 of 3

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 2nd, 2018, 8:38 pm
by pb5754[]
TheChiScientist wrote:BOLD prediction. Stevenson (IL) gets knocked out of nats by Naperville North or Crystal Lake Central. ;)

BOLD prediction. Troy (SoCal) gets knocked out of nats by *insert random SoCal team*.

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 3rd, 2018, 7:25 am
by Anomaly
pb5754[] wrote:BOLD prediction. Troy (SoCal) gets knocked out of nats by *insert random SoCal team*.

This is the Illinois state thread, not SoCal :P

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 3rd, 2018, 8:25 am
by kate!
I think that in several years (maybe four years, who knows) we're going to be looking at this thread and realizing that history repeats itself. Or in this case, scioly results repeat themselves.

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 3rd, 2018, 10:57 am
by pb5754[]
Anomaly wrote:
pb5754[] wrote:BOLD prediction. Troy (SoCal) gets knocked out of nats by *insert random SoCal team*.

This is the Illinois state thread, not SoCal :P

Oof time to start a SoCal 2014 thread :P

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 3rd, 2018, 11:00 am
by TheChiScientist
pikachu4919 wrote:
dxu46 wrote:
TheChiScientist wrote:Being all legit I have insider info which justifies my prediction about Stevenson's weakness this year and Naperville North's strength. If you wish for more details PM me so I can clarify. Also this year our team is ready to commit as we already have started our season insanely early and have started to prepare for all events to end up in the top 10.

Hasn't states already happened? Or are you talking about nats? If so, I predict that SAA will be the victim of a WQ misgrade and lose the duPont award. I know, call me crazy, but I have a feeling about this one.


I thought insiders would generally be bit more realistic with knowing where their own teams lie in the grand scheme of things, ik for sure Unome doesn't predict Chattahoochee to win nationals every year, and last season, I certainly felt that even though Carmel was showing some pretty strong performances at their competitions, I didn't for certain feel I could predict them to win, or who at all would win Indiana State for that matter (many people apparently had no doubt that Munster would win and they got 3rd) since Munster and Carmel hadn't competed in any of the same competitions at all until then, hence me not genuinely knowing where they stood in relation to each other although I knew that they both showed pretty strong track records at each of their respective tournaments. Those are just examples, I may seem pessimistic in comparison and you may seem optimistic in comparison, it's kinda hard to get a read on who's the most realistic and honestly, that's not easy to judge anyways.

Please. Our team would get trashed by Troy, Mason, and company. My comments were directed on ISO state. :D Based on logistics I feel that after Palatine my theory may be confirmed.

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 3rd, 2018, 11:33 am
by dxu46
TheChiScientist wrote:
pikachu4919 wrote:
dxu46 wrote:Hasn't states already happened? Or are you talking about nats? If so, I predict that SAA will be the victim of a WQ misgrade and lose the duPont award. I know, call me crazy, but I have a feeling about this one.


I thought insiders would generally be bit more realistic with knowing where their own teams lie in the grand scheme of things, ik for sure Unome doesn't predict Chattahoochee to win nationals every year, and last season, I certainly felt that even though Carmel was showing some pretty strong performances at their competitions, I didn't for certain feel I could predict them to win, or who at all would win Indiana State for that matter (many people apparently had no doubt that Munster would win and they got 3rd) since Munster and Carmel hadn't competed in any of the same competitions at all until then, hence me not genuinely knowing where they stood in relation to each other although I knew that they both showed pretty strong track records at each of their respective tournaments. Those are just examples, I may seem pessimistic in comparison and you may seem optimistic in comparison, it's kinda hard to get a read on who's the most realistic and honestly, that's not easy to judge anyways.

Please. Our team would get trashed by Troy, Mason, and company. My comments were directed on ISO state. :D Based on logistics I feel that after Palatine my theory may be confirmed.

Wait, Mason hasn't made nats yet, you're predicting them for 2015? Makes sense, I think Solon won't make nats so Mason will go. Of course, it could be some other OH team too...

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 3rd, 2018, 12:31 pm
by Anomaly
dxu46 wrote:
TheChiScientist wrote:
pikachu4919 wrote:
I thought insiders would generally be bit more realistic with knowing where their own teams lie in the grand scheme of things, ik for sure Unome doesn't predict Chattahoochee to win nationals every year, and last season, I certainly felt that even though Carmel was showing some pretty strong performances at their competitions, I didn't for certain feel I could predict them to win, or who at all would win Indiana State for that matter (many people apparently had no doubt that Munster would win and they got 3rd) since Munster and Carmel hadn't competed in any of the same competitions at all until then, hence me not genuinely knowing where they stood in relation to each other although I knew that they both showed pretty strong track records at each of their respective tournaments. Those are just examples, I may seem pessimistic in comparison and you may seem optimistic in comparison, it's kinda hard to get a read on who's the most realistic and honestly, that's not easy to judge anyways.

Please. Our team would get trashed by Troy, Mason, and company. My comments were directed on ISO state. :D Based on logistics I feel that after Palatine my theory may be confirmed.

Wait, Mason hasn't made nats yet, you're predicting them for 2015? Makes sense, I think Solon won't make nats so Mason will go. Of course, it could be some other OH team too...

Once again people, this is the Illinois state thread smh

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 3rd, 2018, 1:24 pm
by Unome
I suppose I should make the bold prediction that J.C. Booth will unexpectedly not have a team next year.

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 3rd, 2018, 1:50 pm
by Anomaly
Unome wrote:I suppose I should make the bold prediction that J.C. Booth will unexpectedly not have a team next year.

Nonsense. Once nats going teams don't just *die* like that.

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 3rd, 2018, 2:54 pm
by kate!
Anomaly wrote:
Unome wrote:I suppose I should make the bold prediction that J.C. Booth will unexpectedly not have a team next year.

Nonsense. Once nats going teams don't just *die* like that.

I think my prediction about Muscatel would surprise you.

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 3rd, 2018, 2:55 pm
by Anomaly
kate! wrote:I think my prediction about Muscatel would surprise you.

But we're talking about Illinois here, not SoCal

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 3rd, 2018, 2:57 pm
by kate!
Anomaly wrote:
kate! wrote:I think my prediction about Muscatel would surprise you.

But we're talking about Illinois here, not SoCal

Fine... I'll just say that I think New Trier is going to reclaim their state championship title next year.

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 3rd, 2018, 3:00 pm
by Anomaly
kate! wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
kate! wrote:I think my prediction about Muscatel would surprise you.

But we're talking about Illinois here, not SoCal

Fine... I'll just say that I think New Trier is going to reclaim their state championship title next year.

there we go

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 3rd, 2018, 3:28 pm
by TheChiScientist
Did someone say Illinois! Oh, wait this is the Illinois forum... :lol: :D

Re: Illinois 2014

Posted: September 3rd, 2018, 3:44 pm
by pb5754[]
nvm