Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: 2018 National Tournament: Colorado State University

Post by Unome »

rfscoach wrote:
That's using the term rather loosely.
Too true...

For comparison: the 2016 national tournament website in early August here (though the styling and navbar is very broken on the Internet Archive copy, so pages aren't as easily accessible as on the original)
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
ThiccleRick
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ThiccleRick »

Are the event times for nationals on the schedule in AM or PM?
Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Post by Froggie »

ThiccleRick wrote:Are the event times for nationals on the schedule in AM or PM?
Well, both.
But we aren't having an event at 3 in the morning.
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

Froggie wrote:
ThiccleRick wrote:Are the event times for nationals on the schedule in AM or PM?
Well, both.
But we aren't having an event at 3 in the morning.
Where is the like button?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
SilverP

Post by SilverP »

Is there any move to petition the directors or something to change the schedule? Who should we contact about this?
scioly2012
Division: C

Post by scioly2012 »

SilverP wrote:Is there any move to petition the directors or something to change the schedule? Who should we contact about this?
It's very unlikely that they're going to change the schedule, especially since it's been out and unchanged for months now :/ Which schedule conflict were you concerned about?
SilverP

Post by SilverP »

scioly2012 wrote:
SilverP wrote:Is there any move to petition the directors or something to change the schedule? Who should we contact about this?
It's very unlikely that they're going to change the schedule, especially since it's been out and unchanged for months now :/ Which schedule conflict were you concerned about?
Dynamic Planet and Rocks. I don't see why they would do this, and as a result, it appears Princeton and Yale Invitationals are using the same schedule.
John Richardsim
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: MI

Post by John Richardsim »

SilverP wrote:
Dynamic Planet and Rocks. I don't see why they would do this, and as a result, it appears Princeton and Yale Invitationals are using the same schedule.
I'm sure that the tournament directors would not change the conflicts. While it is inconvenient for most teams, the conflict imposes the same restrictions on all teams, and therefore is fair. Many competitions try to match the national tournament's schedule, and for that reason many teams have already adjusted to the conflict.

While this conflict may seem ridiculous, there have been much more arbitrary schedules in the past (2015's national schedule was entirely based on the alphabetical order of events).
pikachu4919
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

SilverP wrote:
scioly2012 wrote:
Well those two invitationals are also basing their schedules off of the current tentative nationals schedule, and since the tentative nationals schedule says that the two are at the same time, they're just following that.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
knottingpurple
State: NJ

Post by knottingpurple »

pikachu4919 wrote:
SilverP wrote:
scioly2012 wrote: It's very unlikely that they're going to change the schedule, especially since it's been out and unchanged for months now :/ Which schedule conflict were you concerned about?
Well those two invitationals are also basing their schedules off of the current tentative nationals schedule, and since the tentative nationals schedule says that the two are at the same time, they're just following that.
Definitely it's annoying at this point in the season trying to divide up our top earth science people between DP and Rocks, but I guess at least we're doing that now, for Yale and Princeton, rather than just before Nationals. Since we're going to both Princeton and Yale, we were thinking of swapping people between the events for the two different competitions to figure out which pairings work best, it's annoying but at least we're aware of the conflict now and can work to address it I guess.
WWP South, graduated 2018
Current undegrad in physics @Oxford University

Return to “2018 Nationals”