Who's going to Nationals? // 2018 Edition

pikachu4919
Division: Grad
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Who's going to Nationals? // 2018 Edition

Post by pikachu4919 »

It's time we got this thread started since the State Tournament results are coming in!

Post your school, state, and the events you will be competing in (or for volunteering alumni, which events you plan to help out with), and you will be added to the list!

Division B:
Almandine from Chippewa MS, MN: Battery Buggy, Fast Facts, Herpetology, and Wright Stuff
CMS AC from Community MS, NJ: Hovercraft, Wright Stuff, and Mystery Architecture
Froggie from Shady Side Academy, PA: Herpetology, WIDI, Wright Stuff, Disease Detectives, and Potions and Poisons
Galahad from Highlands Intermediate School, HI: Crime Busters, Solar Power (T), Disease Detectives, Potions and Poisons, Meteorology, and Density Lab (T)
Goff18 from Goff MS, NY: Dynamic Planet, Meteorology, Solar System, and Road Scholar
GoffWalrus from Goff MS, NY: Disease Detectives, Optics, and Crime Busters
IvanGe from Paul J. Gelinas JHS, NY: Anatomy and Physiology, Fast Facts, Hovercraft, Roller Coaster, and Potions and Poisons
jimmy-bond from Highlands Intermediate School, HI: Microbe Mission, Fast Facts, Dynamic Planet, and Crime Busters
Killboe from River City Science Academy, FL: Disease Detectives and Battery Buggy
M017 from Mission Middle School, NE: Dynamic Planet, Towers, Battery Buggy, and Herpetology
MadCow2357 from Gallagher MS, RI: Battery Buggy, Mystery Architecture, and Towers
megrimlockawesom from Piedmont IB MS, NC: events not posted
nicksalanitri from Paul J. Gelinas JHS, NY: Crime Busters, Mystery Architecture, Rocks and Minerals, and Roller Coaster
OpticsNerd from Hamilton MS, WI: Optics, Hovercraft, and Wright Stuff
Tailsfan101 from Treasure Valley Homeschoolers, ID: Crime Busters, Disease Detectives, Microbe Mission, and Road Scholar
thecoolchicken from Ames MS, IA: Anatomy and Physiology, Battery Buggy, and Solar System
wzhang5460 from Paul J. Gelinas JHS, NY: Disease Detectives, ExDes, and Towers

Division C:
Alex-RCHS from Raleigh Charter HS, NC: Astronomy, Microbe Mission, Mousetrap Vehicle, Remote Sensing, and Thermodynamics
Ashernoel from New Trier HS, IL: Astronomy, Fermi Questions, Hovercraft, Thermodynamics, and Mission Possible
birdylayaduck08 from Seven Lakes HS, TX: Dynamic Planet, Herpetology, and Game On
bluebird11 from Seven Lakes HS, TX: Anatomy and Physiology, Mission Possible, Mousetrap Vehicle, and Towers
DarthBuilder from New Trier HS, IL: Towers and Mousetrap Vehicle
dragonfruit35 from TJHSST, VA: Wifi Lab (T) and Code Busters (T)
EdwardMMNT from New Trier HS, IL: Disease Detectives, Forensics, Remote Sensing, and Towers
Fridaychimp from Seven Lakes HS, TX: Ecology and Mousetrap Vehicle
John Richardsim from Grand Haven HS, MI: Fermi Questions, Microbe Mission, Optics, Remote Sensing, and Thermodynamics
Justin72835 from Seven Lakes HS, TX: Hovercraft, Thermodynamics, ExDes, and Remote Sensing
MissAmargasaurus from Treasure Valley Homeschoolers, ID: Ecology, ExDes, and Herpetology
Nano1llus10n from Seven Lakes HS, TX: Anatomy and Physiology, Helicopters, and Microbe Mission
NeBH from Treasure Valley Homeschoolers, ID: Optics, Mousetrap Vehicle, and Materials Science
Nerd_Bunny from Treasure Valley Homeschoolers, ID: Anatomy and Physiology, Disease Detectives, and Chemistry Lab
PikaPikaChu from Blue Valley North HS, KS: Dynamic Planet and Experimental Design
qlf9 from TJHSST, VA: Rocks and Minerals, Fermi Questions, and Game On
ScottMaurer19 from Solon HS, OH: Herpetology, Ecology, Rocks and Minerals, Mission Possible, and Helicopters
SOnerd from Blue Valley North HS, KS: Herpetology, Microbe Mission, Ecology, Disease Detectives, and ExDes
Theta from Blue Valley North HS, KS: Mission Possible and Game On
Token from Seven Lakes HS, TX: Fermi Questions, Herpetology, and Rocks and Minerals
Unome from Chattahoochee High School, GA: Anatomy and Physiology, Astronomy, Fermi Questions, Herpetology, Materials Science, and Remote Sensing

Division D/Coaches/Volunteers/Etc:
bearasauras from CA, supervising Mousetrap Vehicle
bernard from WA, supervising Mousetrap Vehicle (but will not be able to attend the swap meet and thus, not bring scioly.org shirts for that occasion :( )
chalker from OH, doing literally anything and everything
coachchuckaahs from NM, coaching flight events for the Albuquerque Area Home Schoolers, Divisions B and C
killer225whale from CA, supervising Mousetrap Vehicle
nicholasmaurer from OH, coaching for Solon HS
pikachu4919 from IN, assisting with Code Busters (T) and Thermodynamics B
syo_astro from MI/NY, assisting with ...*drumroll*... Astronomy C
windu34 from FL, assisting with Optics C
Last edited by pikachu4919 on May 14th, 2018, 2:56 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: FL

Re: Who's going to Nationals? // 2018 Edition

Post by windu34 »

Division D - Regional Director representing the state of Florida
Assisting with Optics C
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

Apparently me? Will update eventually...but why not google form this to reduce number of edits / posts checked?
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
Killboe
State: AR
Has thanked: 0

Post by Killboe »

School: River City Science Academy Div B
State: Florida
My Events: Disease Detectives and Battery Buggy
MissAmargasaurus
State: ID
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Been thanked: 0

Post by MissAmargasaurus »

I'm going!

School: Treasure Valley Homeschoolers
State: Idaho
Events: Ecology, Experimental Design, and Herpetology. May be subject to change depending on the schedule.
Division: C
2016-17: Expd, Invasive Species, Wind Power, Forenics
2017-18: Expd, Ecology, Herp
2018-19: Expd, Fossils, Herp, Wright Stuff
2019-20: Expd, Fossils, Ornith, Wright Stuff

TVHSOT captain of 2019-20. Finding your passion in events is the road to victory! I love ancient creatures & rocks. <3
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Apparently I forgot about this,

School: Chattahoochee High School
State: Georgia
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Astronomy, Fermi Questions, Herpetology, Materials Science, Remote Sensing
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Yay I'm going again!
Division B
Treasure Valley Homeschool, Idaho
Events: Crime Busters, Disease Detectives, Microbe Mission, Road Scholar
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
SOnerd
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Been thanked: 0

Post by SOnerd »

School: Blue Valley North, Division C
State: Kansas
Events: Herpetology, Microbe Mission, Ecology, Disease Detectives, Experimental Design
Ento is Lyfe. <3 Ento. <3 Bugs. <3 Insects.
I didn't choose the Bug Lyfe, the Bug Lyfe chose me.

Live and die for Teh Insectz.
Ento List Page

"Insects won't inherit the earth- they own it now." -Thomas Eisner, Entomologist

"No one can truly be called an entomologist , sir; the subject is too vast for any single human intelligence to grasp". -OW Holmes

2015 National Ento Bronze Medalist
2018 National Herpetology Bronze Medalist
2019 Herpetology National Champion

User Page
Nerd_Bunny

Post by Nerd_Bunny »

I'm going!!

I'm from Idaho in Division C with Treasure Valley Homeschool. My events are A&P, Disease Detectives, and Chemistry Lab. :D
Events: A&P, DD, Circuit Lab
States/Nats
2017 DD: 1/16
2018 A&P: 1/29
2019 A&P: 1/22
2019 PM: 1/22 
If you're curious...yes, I like rabbits.
NeBH

Post by NeBH »

School: Treasure Valley Homeschool
State: Idaho
Events: Optics, Mousetrap Vehicle, and Materials Science

Return to “2018 Nationals”