Swap Meet

CMS AC
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: January 10th, 2017, 3:54 pm
Division: B
State: NJ

Re: Swap Meet

Postby CMS AC » May 9th, 2018, 10:37 am

Just wondering, about how much is a cheese hat worth? (Like what's the least anyone would trade it for)

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4034
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse

Re: Swap Meet

Postby Unome » May 9th, 2018, 10:52 am

CMS AC wrote:Just wondering, about how much is a cheese hat worth? (Like what's the least anyone would trade it for)

The Wisconsin teams that bring the cheese hats will typically trade them for another decent hat plus some other stuff sometimes. Getting a cheese hat from someone who traded for it is next to impossible, typically requiring either something they really like in particular or several bags of good stuff. Although, there are other ways - I know someone who got a cheese hat by flirting.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
Galahad
Member
Member
Posts: 223
Joined: January 22nd, 2018, 11:28 pm
Division: B
State: HI
Location: Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean

Re: Swap Meet

Postby Galahad » May 9th, 2018, 12:15 pm

MadCow2357 wrote:
Galahad wrote:Image

This one.


ehh, i dont thing i want to part with that for like a shirt and a hat
Farewell Division B! Time to get yeeted in C.

Highlands Intermediate School '16-'19
Pearl City High School '19-??

Proud DMAH Member

https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Galahad

User avatar
MadCow2357
Member
Member
Posts: 581
Joined: November 19th, 2017, 9:09 am
Division: B
State: RI
Location: Stark Industries Internship
Contact:

Re: Swap Meet

Postby MadCow2357 » May 9th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Galahad wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote:
Galahad wrote:Image

This one.


ehh, i dont thing i want to part with that for like a shirt and a hat

That's fine. I wasn't really expecting for you to take my offer anyway ;)
MadCow2357's Userpage
Projected 2020 Events: Boomilever, Gravity Vehicle
Considering: Fossils, Machines, Wright Stuff
Builder Cult - builders rise up! :)
Dank Memes Area Homeschool
234.36
#BalsaManForever

CMS AC
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: January 10th, 2017, 3:54 pm
Division: B
State: NJ

Re: Swap Meet

Postby CMS AC » May 9th, 2018, 2:24 pm

Unome wrote:
CMS AC wrote:Just wondering, about how much is a cheese hat worth? (Like what's the least anyone would trade it for)

The Wisconsin teams that bring the cheese hats will typically trade them for another decent hat plus some other stuff sometimes. Getting a cheese hat from someone who traded for it is next to impossible, typically requiring either something they really like in particular or several bags of good stuff. Although, there are other ways - I know someone who got a cheese hat by flirting.


Lol I got a cheese hat last year after trading literally everything I had but I'm thinking of re-trading it for something, like mayyybe that geode :)

and maybe a bismuth crystal? idk how much a cheese hat is worth tbh lol

User avatar
Galahad
Member
Member
Posts: 223
Joined: January 22nd, 2018, 11:28 pm
Division: B
State: HI
Location: Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean

Re: Swap Meet

Postby Galahad » May 9th, 2018, 2:46 pm

CMS AC wrote:
Unome wrote:
CMS AC wrote:Just wondering, about how much is a cheese hat worth? (Like what's the least anyone would trade it for)

The Wisconsin teams that bring the cheese hats will typically trade them for another decent hat plus some other stuff sometimes. Getting a cheese hat from someone who traded for it is next to impossible, typically requiring either something they really like in particular or several bags of good stuff. Although, there are other ways - I know someone who got a cheese hat by flirting.


Lol I got a cheese hat last year after trading literally everything I had but I'm thinking of re-trading it for something, like mayyybe that geode :)

and maybe a bismuth crystal? idk how much a cheese hat is worth tbh lol


Idk cheese hats are ~$25 on the website

The geodes I have range from 20-40
Farewell Division B! Time to get yeeted in C.

Highlands Intermediate School '16-'19
Pearl City High School '19-??

Proud DMAH Member

https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Galahad

OpticsNerd
Member
Member
Posts: 56
Joined: April 1st, 2018, 7:36 am
Division: C
State: -

Re: Swap Meet

Postby OpticsNerd » May 9th, 2018, 5:00 pm

Lol why is everyone suddenly talking about cheese hats?
National Tournaments: 2018 CSU B-4th(Wright Stuff)
2019 Events(C): Boomilever, Circuit Lab, Disease Detectives, Thermodynamics, Wright Stuff
Medal Count: 37
Invitationals: 21
Regionals: 9
State: 5
Nationals: 1

CMS AC
Member
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: January 10th, 2017, 3:54 pm
Division: B
State: NJ

Re: Swap Meet

Postby CMS AC » May 9th, 2018, 6:08 pm

Because they are apparently really good to trade lol

User avatar
Tailsfan101
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 621
Joined: April 14th, 2017, 4:33 pm
Division: C
State: ID
Location: Philippians 3:20a "For our citizenship is in heaven"
Contact:

Re: Swap Meet

Postby Tailsfan101 » May 9th, 2018, 8:59 pm

Alright, it's official: I'll be taking four Idaho license plates to the swap meet. I should be picking up a lot of stuff tomorrow, but I'm not entirely sure what yet.
2019 Treasure Valley Homeschool Wiki
2018
State/Nats
CB: 1/35
RS: 1/44
DD: 2/37
MM: 3/46

2019
Mini-Inv./DISCO/State/Nats
RS: 1/2/1/-
DD: -/3/2/-
HD: 2/4/4/-
CB: 3/6/1/-
ELG: -/6/-/-
GLM: -/-/-/31
WIDI: -/-/-/24


Possible 2020 events: DD, GLM, Code, WIDI, 4N6

Assassinator for games #118 and 136

Ambrosia
Member
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 4:14 pm
Division: C
State: MD

Re: Swap Meet

Postby Ambrosia » May 10th, 2018, 1:07 pm

If I bring galaxy stickers, would people be willing to trade for them? What else are cool non-state related things that people would want?

User avatar
TheChiScientist
Member
Member
Posts: 649
Joined: March 11th, 2018, 11:25 am
Division: Grad
State: IL
Location: Hiding from the college bounty hunters.

Re: Swap Meet

Postby TheChiScientist » May 10th, 2018, 1:24 pm

I would bring over some food from your state. Somethings might be cheaper in your state vs others and you might get more value for it...
(Sweet treats always have high value ;) )
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019
Medal Count:30 8-)
Background In
Boomilever,Code Busters,Exp Design, Thermo, WIDI, Hovercraft, Bridges, Wright Stuff, Geocaching, Fermi

School:Crystal Lake Central High School Wiki
Assassinator #119 and Co-Conspirator in #120
President of The Builder Cult. Builders rise up!

User avatar
Kyanite
Member
Member
Posts: 202
Joined: November 6th, 2017, 8:43 am
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re: Swap Meet

Postby Kyanite » May 10th, 2018, 1:30 pm

TheChiScientist wrote:I would bring over some food from your state. Somethings might be cheaper in your state vs others and you might get more value for it...
(Sweet treats always have high value ;) )


Warm In an Out burgers ^^^^

User avatar
TheChiScientist
Member
Member
Posts: 649
Joined: March 11th, 2018, 11:25 am
Division: Grad
State: IL
Location: Hiding from the college bounty hunters.

Re: Swap Meet

Postby TheChiScientist » May 10th, 2018, 1:34 pm

If I was going to Nats I would use my thermo box to keep some good old Chicagoan hot dogs/ deep dish pizza warm :P :lol:
(I would totally trade for that ;) )
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019
Medal Count:30 8-)
Background In
Boomilever,Code Busters,Exp Design, Thermo, WIDI, Hovercraft, Bridges, Wright Stuff, Geocaching, Fermi

School:Crystal Lake Central High School Wiki
Assassinator #119 and Co-Conspirator in #120
President of The Builder Cult. Builders rise up!

User avatar
Nano1llus10n
Member
Member
Posts: 114
Joined: May 26th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Division: C
State: TX

Re: Swap Meet

Postby Nano1llus10n » May 10th, 2018, 4:29 pm

What would you guys want from Texas?
2017-2018 (Div C)
Event: MIT/R/S/N
Anatomy and Physiology: 8/3/2/26
Helicopters: 11/-/2/43
Microbe Mission: 13/2/2/8

2018-2019 (Div C)
Event: R/S/N
Anatomy and Physiology: 1/2/8
Designer Genes: 1/2/4
Protein Modeling: 1/3/2
Wright Stuff: 2/2/9


Seven Lakes High School '21

User avatar
MadCow2357
Member
Member
Posts: 581
Joined: November 19th, 2017, 9:09 am
Division: B
State: RI
Location: Stark Industries Internship
Contact:

Re: Swap Meet

Postby MadCow2357 » May 10th, 2018, 5:03 pm

Nano1llus10n wrote:What would you guys want from Texas?

Cowboy hats/stuff would be cool! Y'all want any Del's lemonade packets from Rhode Island?
MadCow2357's Userpage
Projected 2020 Events: Boomilever, Gravity Vehicle
Considering: Fossils, Machines, Wright Stuff
Builder Cult - builders rise up! :)
Dank Memes Area Homeschool
234.36
#BalsaManForever


Return to “2018 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests