Schools you want to beat with a burning passion in your heart.

PM2017
Division: Grad
State: CA

Re: Schools you want to beat with a burning passion in your heart.

Postby PM2017 » May 19th, 2018, 3:12 pm

The Daniel Wright towers girls.

Oh wait, I mean their parents and coaches.
No need to be so rude lol
But isn't that kinda true what the Cheese kid said? Like they have a coach for every event, and at towers it looked like the coaches built the entire tower.
I can't attest to the accuracy of Cheese's claim, but that doesn't change the fact that it was rather rude.
2018 Events
Astronomy, Mousetrap Vehicle, Mission Possible, Fermi Questions
2019 Events
Astronomy, Mousetrap Vehicle, Mission Possible, [strikethrough]Fermi Questions[/strikethrough] :cry: , Circuit Lab
--
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

pb5754[]
Division: C
State: NJ

Postby pb5754[] » May 19th, 2018, 3:21 pm

But isn't that kinda true what the Cheese kid said? Like they have a coach for every event, and at towers it looked like the coaches built the entire tower.
I can't attest to the accuracy of Cheese's claim, but that doesn't change the fact that it was rather rude.
Their nats tower? How do you know that the coaches built it?

hamnie
State: IL

Postby hamnie » May 19th, 2018, 3:40 pm

Their nats tower? How do you know that the coaches built it?
Whoa, I don't know where you heard that, but I can confirm that that is not true at all. Daniel Wright members have always labored over their towers...and it's unlikely that parents could juggle both a job and tower building for that many invitationals. I understand rumors are tempting to believe, especially when it's your own event, but please don't accuse teams of acts like that...especially since DW tower students sacrifice holiday break and sleep to work on towers. Thanks.
shs 18’&19'
DD, towers/boom, heli/ws, a&p
dw 17'
boyceville/ML/south/solon/grayslake/holt/R/S/N [b]a&p:[/b] 2/6/2/2/5/2/1/1/oops [b]towers:[/b] 1/1/3/1/5/1/2/2/4 [b]fast facts:[/b] 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/4(ah!)/1 [b]wright stuff:[/b] 1/5/1/1/1/1/1/2/3

dwtowergirl
State: -

Postby dwtowergirl » May 19th, 2018, 3:55 pm

The Daniel Wright towers girls.

Oh wait, I mean their parents and coaches.
Hi I just wanna pop in and ask, what does a tower/bridge/boom built by coaches look like? Was it neat? Was it strong? Was it good? So sorry our bracings were straight. Appreciate the input, we’ll be sure to keep your comments in mind for next time!
Last edited by dwtowergirl on May 19th, 2018, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hamnie
State: IL

Postby hamnie » May 19th, 2018, 3:59 pm

Hi I just wanna pop in and ask, what does a tower/bridge/boom built like coaches look like? Was it neat? Was it strong? Was it good? So sorry our bracings were straight. Appreciate the input, we’ll be sure to keep your comments in mind for next time!
Hi buddy, don't be so shady ;p
shs 18’&19'
DD, towers/boom, heli/ws, a&p
dw 17'
boyceville/ML/south/solon/grayslake/holt/R/S/N [b]a&p:[/b] 2/6/2/2/5/2/1/1/oops [b]towers:[/b] 1/1/3/1/5/1/2/2/4 [b]fast facts:[/b] 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/4(ah!)/1 [b]wright stuff:[/b] 1/5/1/1/1/1/1/2/3

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
State: MD

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » May 19th, 2018, 4:07 pm

Unless there is concrete evidence, it is highly unsportsmanlike to accuse a team of not building their own device. I recommend those making these accusations to refrain in the future.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

If you have any questions for me, always feel free to shoot me a PM.

Unome
State: GA

Postby Unome » May 19th, 2018, 4:50 pm

It's possible that Daniel Wright is just really good at Towers...
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MIScioly1
State: MI

Postby MIScioly1 » May 19th, 2018, 5:09 pm

If you truly think there was a build policy violation, report it to the arbitration board. But, they will probably just laugh at you. Daniel Wright is just really, really good at towers.

Agree with East: don't accuse people of build policy violations. It's impossible to tell by how good the device is. In fact, in my experience of impounding builds, the teams with the best devices were also the most knowledgeable about their devices when questioned. It simply takes a ton of work to create such a good device.
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Executive Board

cheese
State: -

Postby cheese » May 19th, 2018, 5:14 pm

Sorry for the quite aggressive and rude comment. I came out of the towers building kind of triggered at how bad I did personally and what I saw the Daniel Wright team do. There is no excuse for that comment, but please understand where I am coming from. Specifically at the coaches meeting, no one was supposed to bring their towers box down. A couple Daniel Wright coaches/parents walked down with the box, and was showing the Daniel wright competitors how to manipulate the tower to get it out of the packaging. It seemed that the coaches/parents were overly involved, not representing the Science Olympiad code of ethics to promote independence in design and production. I personally believe that build events should be purely done by the competitor as it is fair and shows the actual abilities of the student.
2018 Nationals: 2nd Place Mystery Architecture || 6th Place Battery Buggy
Cheese's Userpage

megrimlockawesom
State: NC

Postby megrimlockawesom » May 20th, 2018, 8:10 am

Good news, you have a shot at beating them fam
May I inquire as to what you mean by this?

The Crimebusters team is weaker than it was last year. They are still doing pretty well, but not as great as last year
Actually nvm
Ok this is epic 8-)
Events 2018: Battery Buggy (3rd at Nats), Rollercoaster (18th at Nats), Ping Pong (1st at states)
Events 2019: Codebusters, Ping Pong Parachute, Thermodynamics

I like Overwatch, Marvel, and food

Bottom Text

Return to “2018 Nationals”