bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Prediction Contest 2018

Post by bernard »

The form for Prediction Contest is now live! Submissions will be accepted until Saturday morning, immediately before the tournament starts.

scioly.org/fantasy

The forms are processed individually so rather than filling out all four at once, do them separately. The form also checks that you're following rules; e.g. if you list any team more than three times in event predictions, it'll try to prevent you from submitting. After you fix it, click around to make the submit button reappear. This form is new so in case it breaks maybe save a screenshot of your submission before you submit in case anything goes wrong.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Prediction Contest 2018

Post by bernard »

Submissions have closed, and a summary of submissions is now available at the same link. A total of 107 submissions were received.

A spreadsheet is available for tracking the awards ceremony tomorrow during the livestream: scioly.org/sont.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
TheChiScientist
State: IL

Post by TheChiScientist »

Have any idea when we will know the winners of this tournament?
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
Alex-RCHS
State: NC

Post by Alex-RCHS »

Yeah, maybe this is a tournament where I can actually win something. :D
About me!
Raleigh Charter HS (NC) 2018
UNC-Chapel Hill 2022
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MO

Post by dxu46 »

When will the results be released?
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

dxu46 wrote:When will the results be released?
By the end of this week, but not a promise.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

Prediction Contest results are posted to the submissions page. This is the first year using this new system so any feedback or suggestions for features are welcome.

scioly.org/fantasy

I didn't do a formula for performance across all contests, but it looks like The48thYoshi predicted very well, winning both divisions for the events contest.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Getting top 7 perfect in Div C Overall helped me a lot... also I really feel like I misclicked on Disease C... (though I did briefly consider TV I can't imagine I'd actually pick them over someone safer). I did basically as well as I expected in Div B though...
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Tailsfan101
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Unome wrote:Getting top 7 perfect in Div C Overall helped me a lot... also I really feel like I misclicked on Disease C... (though I did briefly consider TV I can't imagine I'd actually pick them over someone safer). I did basically as well as I expected in Div B though...
I was surprised when I saw someone had picked our HS team in DD, but I didn't realize that was you! Too bad they didn't do better... You just wait until 2021 (when I'm in 11th and Nerd_Bunny is in 12th), we'll show you all.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
The48thYoshi
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by The48thYoshi »

I feel like something in the div B events got screwed up because i definitely put Solon first for rocks and I had beckendorff for meteorology. However, I guess I shouldn’t be complaining because I ended up winning anyways :D
aeshs ‘22

Return to “2018 Nationals”