Battery Buggy B

shrewdPanther46
Division: C
State: NJ
Been thanked: 0

Re: Battery Buggy B

Post by shrewdPanther46 »

I suggest the first link mentioned above. It is a very similar switch to the one I used (Rustin). It has a flat square base, so easy to mount without having to design some random stuff for it.
WindmillWeaver25
State: WI
Has thanked: 0

Post by WindmillWeaver25 »

Is there a length requirement for the buggy? :D
WW
shrewdPanther46
State: NJ

Post by shrewdPanther46 »

WindmillWeaver25 wrote:Is there a length requirement for the buggy? :D
ma boi, it would help if you read the rules...
brooke

Post by brooke »

Hi, if you are using the battery buggy kit, with the plastic hub snap-ons, does anyone know how to get the hub snap-ons onto the threaded rod?
SlipStrike1244

Post by SlipStrike1244 »

i have created a unrefined model of mine with basic parts. it stops at the target distance within 1 cm every time, goes 5 mph right now, but can go 17 mph unloaded once i get the right parts in all the way from china lol. for braking systems i used wingnut and threaded rod and i put a microswitch so the ends of the wingnut push on it. for glue i used hot glue because i hate working with superglue and it turned out fine. for the chassis is used wooden paintsticks. i used a 4 AA battery pack way back when radioshack was a thing (rip radioshack). i have the drive set of wheels in the front and the braking set of wheels on the back. i used splitted 4-conductor rainbow wires (again from radioshack) and soldered or glued connections. the front transmission is made of a gearbox, and the motor is a fast boi. for the wheels i just bought them online
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

SlipStrike1244 wrote:i have created a unrefined model of mine with basic parts. it stops at the target distance within 1 cm every time, goes 5 mph right now, but can go 17 mph unloaded once i get the right parts in all the way from china lol. for braking systems i used wingnut and threaded rod and i put a microswitch so the ends of the wingnut push on it. for glue i used hot glue because i hate working with superglue and it turned out fine. for the chassis is used wooden paintsticks. i used a 4 AA battery pack way back when radioshack was a thing (rip radioshack). i have the drive set of wheels in the front and the braking set of wheels on the back. i used splitted 4-conductor rainbow wires (again from radioshack) and soldered or glued connections. the front transmission is made of a gearbox, and the motor is a fast boi. for the wheels i just bought them online
That's good! I am assuming that you used a 6V motor, but what was the rpm? Which wheels did you use?

MandCow2357
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by MadCow2357 »

Should I put the braking system (wingnut and 1/8 threaded rod) on the front or back of the buggy?
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by MadCow2357 »

Also, what is a good outer diameter the wheels? I am deciding between 3 7/8 inches (9.8425 cm) and 4 7/8 inches (12.3825 cm) T81 wheels from Banebots.com
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
SlipStrike1244

Post by SlipStrike1244 »

put the wingnut braking on the back so the stopping is more natural and so that if you go too fast, you won't flip or something like that also, pick the 3 7/8th wheels. If the wheels are too big you might not have precision in braking with the wingnut. the motor was 32000 rpm unloaded at 6v and 39000rpm at 7.5v. i used lite flite wheels from towerhobbies.com
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by MadCow2357 »

SlipStrike1244 wrote:put the wingnut braking on the back so the stopping is more natural and so that if you go too fast, you won't flip or something like that also, pick the 3 7/8th wheels. If the wheels are too big you might not have precision in braking with the wingnut. the motor was 32000 rpm unloaded at 6v and 39000rpm at 7.5v. i used lite flite wheels from towerhobbies.com
Holy cow, you do mean 39000 rpm?! I was recommended to use a Polulu 25D with only 460 rpm by retired1.

MadCow2357
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23

Return to “Battery Buggy B”