build ideas

rajofin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: build ideas

Post by rajofin »

Thank you for your help..really appreciate it!!!
shrewdPanther46
Division: C
State: NJ

Post by shrewdPanther46 »

no problem. let me know how it goes
rajofin

Post by rajofin »

shrewdPanther46 wrote:no problem. let me know how it goes
I think you got 600 rpm since you didn't account for gear ratio reduction. With 4:1 reduction, we will need around 2400 rpm. Isn't this right or I am on a wrong path?

Also, I see in many videos wheels used are as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeO5pAGueIA. Any idea where to get those. Couldn't find them on homedepot unless I am getting confused. TIA.
shrewdPanther46

rajofin wrote:
shrewdPanther46 wrote:no problem. let me know how it goes
I think you got 600 rpm since you didn't account for gear ratio reduction. With 4:1 reduction, we will need around 2400 rpm. Isn't this right or I am on a wrong path?

Also, I see in many videos wheels used are as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeO5pAGueIA. Any idea where to get those. Couldn't find them on homedepot unless I am getting confused. TIA.
I made the assumption of direct gearing. Depending on the mass of your vehicle (and torque of the motor), and the optimum speed vs. torque ratio for your specific car, you will need different gear ratios. I suggest not thinking too hard right now about your ratio and just buy a generally high quality motor, and then toy around with your ratios. But yes, you are generally thinking along the right path.

Those wheels are banebots wheels. Banebots.com sells them
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Could you please suggest how to attach the BaneBots wheel to the 1/4 in threaded rod.
retired1
Division: Grad
State: FL

Post by retired1 »

You have 2 options. Use T80 wheels which can have a 1/4 bore hub (twice as wide a tire) -- Or buy 6 mm bore hubs for the T40 wheels. These have a .236 bore and the max diameter of 1/4 threaded rod is .242" .
This can very easily be reduced with a drill motor and a file or sand paper. (and you will get a nice snug fit).
I would not try to drill out the hub to the minorly larger size.
SPP SciO
Division: B
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by SPP SciO »

[email protected] wrote:Could you please suggest how to attach the BaneBots wheel to the 1/4 in threaded rod.
You would use a 1/4” banebots hub. www.banebots.com/category/T81H_INCH.html It’s expensive, but they do seem to be the wheel of choice for all wheeled events (scrambler, electric vehicle, maybe mousetrap cars?) so it’s probably not a bad investment.
Coach
MS 821 Sunset Park Prep
http://www.sppscio.com
shrewdPanther46

i believe they don't sell 1/4 inch adapters, so it could be accomplished by 3d printing.
retired1

Post by retired1 »

They advertise them at $4.50 each, so unless they are out of stock or discontinued, they are available.
retired1

Post by retired1 »

shrewdPanther46 wrote:i believe they don't sell 1/4 inch adapters, so it could be accomplished by 3d printing.
If you are going to 3d print an adapter I would make it with a small flange to keep the wheel from moving in, it would need a set screw hole and it would need a method of keeping the wheel on the hub. They use clips. If it were me, I would look at a mini clevis / retaining pin or similar.
A reverse of this would be to put the flange on the outside and a model airplane wheel collar on the inside.
It still needs the set screw port/hole.

Return to “Battery Buggy B”