build ideas

shrewdPanther46
Division: C
State: NJ
Been thanked: 0

Re: build ideas

Post by shrewdPanther46 »

retired1 wrote:
shrewdPanther46 wrote:i believe they don't sell 1/4 inch adapters, so it could be accomplished by 3d printing.
If you are going to 3d print an adapter I would make it with a small flange to keep the wheel from moving in, it would need a set screw hole and it would need a method of keeping the wheel on the hub. They use clips. If it were me, I would look at a mini clevis / retaining pin or similar.
A reverse of this would be to put the flange on the outside and a model airplane wheel collar on the inside.
It still needs the set screw port/hole.
They are called snap rings if anyone was curious
ASdaBEST
Has thanked: 0

Post by ASdaBEST »

I'm new to Battery Buggy, so I was wondering if someone could post a picture of a battery buggy because I don't really understand how the parts work with each other. I would deeply appreciate if someone could post the link of a picture or something like that.
reed303

Post by reed303 »

ASdaBEST wrote:I'm new to Battery Buggy, so I was wondering if someone could post a picture of a battery buggy because I don't really understand how the parts work with each other. I would deeply appreciate if someone could post the link of a picture or something like that.
Look here for a complete description of a Buggy, with pictures.
https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Battery_Buggy

Good Luck ...........
Div B Asst Coach 2012-2021
TheWingsOfFire

Post by TheWingsOfFire »

How do you calculate the torque/gear ratio required?
TheWingsOfFire

Post by TheWingsOfFire »

Our car did not move when we attached this motor and we are wondering why.
https://www.servocity.com/2737-rpm-prem ... gear-motor
shrewdPanther46

try lifting it in the air, and see if it rotates. If your wheels dont rotate then its obviously a building error lol

if not, your car is too heavy and you have to build very light w/ a strong, lightweight 6V motor.
TheWingsOfFire

Post by TheWingsOfFire »

Yes lol it rotates but when it is on the ground it doesn't rotate. I will try using 4:1 ratio so that the torque will increase.
shrewdPanther46

you mean 1:4 ratio right...
its convention to have pinion related to spur, not the other way around
TheWingsOfFire

Post by TheWingsOfFire »

I thought a 4:1 ratio meant that for every 4 rotations the drive gear makes the driven gear rotates once.
SahilS
Division: B
State: MI

Post by SahilS »

TheWingsOfFire wrote:I thought a 4:1 ratio meant that for every 4 rotations the drive gear makes the driven gear rotates once.
Yes, I believe so too. I'm sure that 4:1 means that. I am not sure why a 1:4 ratio would exist because if you look at other gearboxes they always have the larger number first indicating how many turns it takes for the drive gear to make the driven gear rotate once. Also some helpful advice; if your vehicle his heavy... then you're going to want a much higher gear ratio. Yes, it makes it slower by a bit but at least then it will run smoothly. My buggy is very very light and made of carbon fiber and 3d printed parts. Yet still, I have to use an 11:1 gearbox. One way to still have a faster vehicle and still have enough torque is to use an overpowered motor. I'm using a very overpowered one and I'm getting times between 2 and 3.5 seconds.

Return to “Battery Buggy B”