Starting Switch

cheese
Division: C
Been thanked: 0

Starting Switch

Post by cheese »

Hi all, for the start, I was thinking of using 2 switches for the main circuit. One would be a toggle switch, and the other would be a momentary. I would have them in series like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4WYI3 ... sp=sharing. I would turn on the toggle while holding down the normally on momentary switch. When I release the pencil, the circuit would close and it would go. Would this be allowed? Any other comments too.
2018 Nationals: 2nd Place Mystery Architecture || 6th Place Battery Buggy
Cheese's Userpage
kinghong1970
Division: B
State: NJ
Has thanked: 0

Re: Starting Switch

Post by kinghong1970 »

get the idea for the main shut off switch for safety purposes...
but instead of the momentary switch, a simple push button on-off button would serve you better without any acrobatics of having to hold a pencil in place?
cheese
Division: C

Re: Starting Switch

Post by cheese »

kinghong1970 wrote:get the idea for the main shut off switch for safety purposes...
but instead of the momentary switch, a simple push button on-off button would serve you better without any acrobatics of having to hold a pencil in place?
Thanks for answering. The main reason why I wanted to use a momentary switch was so I don't bump my vehicle while trying to press down and have a normal push switch lock. I think there are less variables if all I have to do is release the momentary.
2018 Nationals: 2nd Place Mystery Architecture || 6th Place Battery Buggy
Cheese's Userpage

Return to “Battery Buggy B”