Motor

shrewdPanther46
Division: C
State: NJ
Been thanked: 0

Re: Motor

Post by shrewdPanther46 »

builder83 wrote:I know it is less creative... but can't you just steal a motor/gear box off an rc car? Seems like it would be calibrated already, just need to be rewired. Don't think its against the rules as they would be like purchased parts. Anybody do this?
There is nothing wrong with taking transmission from an rc car, but it will only take you so far. The gear ratio won't be optimized for the mass of your vehicle, or the motor you are using. Even if you literally take the entire thing off the vehicle the stock hearing is usually pretty bad. There's nothing to be calibrated in transmission, so I'm a bit confused as to what your saying. But yeah, it would technically work
memebigboy
Has thanked: 0

Post by memebigboy »

Might as well just take a rc car and attach it to a switch then..
fast facts profesional
retired1
Division: Grad
State: FL

Post by retired1 »

shrewdPanther46 wrote:I tried looking for a motor under the title "RTM322" theres no such thing lol. Theres just some random high-power engine. What kind of motor is it?
I think that you can probably find an equivalent motor by searching for a 322 bushless motor.
If you build light, this might be enough motor for you. It probably has different gearing from different vendors.
shrewdPanther46

how is it possible to use a brushless motor? That doesn't make sense. Brushless is only functional with an ESC, which is not allowed...
retired1
Division: Grad
State: FL

Post by retired1 »

My bad, I meant brushed motors. Sorry-
TheWingsOfFire

Post by TheWingsOfFire »

For the buggy we are hoping to use this motor.
https://www.servocity.com/2737-rpm-prem ... gear-motor
The only problem is that under "electrical connection" it says you need a spade connection.
The guidelines do not specifically say you can use connectors, because according to the rules, "Electrical components are limited to batteries, wires, motors, switches, resistors, potentiometers & mechanical relays." Would they allow a spade connector, since it is used to connect wires?
shrewdPanther46

TheWingsOfFire wrote:For the buggy we are hoping to use this motor.
The only problem is that under "electrical connection" it says you need a spade connection.
The guidelines do not specifically say you can use connectors, because according to the rules, "Electrical components are limited to batteries, wires, motors, switches, resistors, potentiometers & mechanical relays." Would they allow a spade connector, since it is used to connect wires?
That seems fine to me, especially since in this years "battery rules" or whatever it is called, it is stated that there shouldn't be bare wire connections, and everything should be properly insulated.
rajofin

Post by rajofin »

TheWingsOfFire wrote:For the buggy we are hoping to use this motor.
How many batteries are you planning to use? Most motors I see have nominal Voltage as 12 V though you can use between 3-12. Would it work if we plan to provide just 6V?
shrewdPanther46

That's what most of us are planning on doing(6v motor, 5 batteries)

If you mean just provide 6v to a 12 v motor yea it would work, just losing rpm
rajofin

Post by rajofin »

shrewdPanther46 wrote:That's what most of us are planning on doing(6v motor, 5 batteries)

If you mean just provide 6v to a 12 v motor yea it would work, just losing rpm
Can you please point me to a 6V motor? Just want to make sure before I order a 12V (nominal) motor.

Return to “Battery Buggy B”