Gears

builder83
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Gears

Post by builder83 »

MadCow2357 wrote:I know some people mentioned traxxas gears, but I looked on the website and found nothing compatible with my 1/4" threaded rod axle. I am thinking of 3d printing the gears, but that is probably not the best option out there. Ideas?
I am not sure you will find a pinion mount for a 1/4 inch drive. Most are set up for RC attachments. I found that going to harware store and getting a mix of things worked. There is a washer/nut piece that sandwiched my pinion fine on the axle. I am sure there are better ways to do it but it works fine.
retired1
Division: Grad
State: FL
Has thanked: 0

Post by retired1 »

FYI--I just got a flier from servo city with select items at bargain prices. If you are using or can use 1/8" shaft, they have carbon axle mount gears 48 pitch and hub mount gears.
cheese
Division: C

Post by cheese »

I have usually found luck in using some combinations of nuts and washers to sandwich the spur gear and center it. If that doesn't work, I would probably 3d print some type of adapter.
2018 Nationals: 2nd Place Mystery Architecture || 6th Place Battery Buggy
Cheese's Userpage
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

Got some gears from ServoCity.com.
The pinion has 16T, and a 4mm bore. I believe the pitch is 32, and it matches the other gear. The other gear has 32 teeth, and 1/4" bore. Both mount like Banebots wheel hubs.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23

Return to “Battery Buggy B”