Wheels

A$AP
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wheels

Post by A$AP »

Hello All;
I was wondering, on bane bots, they sell two types of wheels, T40 and T81. Which is better?
shrewdPanther46
Division: C
State: NJ

Re: Wheels

Post by shrewdPanther46 »

A$AP wrote:Hello All;
I was wondering, on bane bots, they sell two types of wheels, T40 and T81. Which is better?
Hello,
Our car currently runs on T40. Idk the difference between the two. I would like to know as well.
builder83

Post by builder83 »

shrewdPanther46 wrote:
A$AP wrote:Hello All;
Hello,
Our car currently runs on T40. Idk the difference between the two. I would like to know as well.
If you click on the wheel under more information on banebot's site it explains each wheel spec.

In general, T40s require smaller hubs, wheel width of only .4 inch, so lighter.
T81s require larger hubs, .8 inch width.

T40s sell smaller diameter wheels, and T81s go wider diameter.

Both wheels have their perks. Depends on if you want more traction, lighter weight, and what the diameter wheel you are looking for is.
retired1
Division: Grad
State: FL

Post by retired1 »

T-40 vs T-81 is only part of the story.
T-40 are available in 1 3/8, 1 5/8, 1 7/8, 2 3/8 and 2 /78 OD's. 2, 3, 4, 6 mm shaft.
T-81 are available in 2 7/8, 3 7/8, and 4 /78 IN OD's 3 ,to 12 mm shaft. also available in hex shaft.
So pick your poison. Motor speed, torque and your gearing will point you to a proper wheel.
Also the shore hardness of the wheel (tire) may be of some consequence. The harder ones are more prone to spinning. The softer ones may fill up with "dirt" faster.
shrewdPanther46

I'm amazed at how quickly you all responded. Thank you.

If only people were that quick to post in the scores thread (cough cough please help)
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Do we have any alternative to bane bots wheels ? or bane bots wheels with some alternative hubs ?
builder83

Post by builder83 »

[email protected] wrote:Do we have any alternative to bane bots wheels ? or bane bots wheels with some alternative hubs ?
There are many types of wheels to use. Look in hobby stores. I do not believe you can buy a different hub to use with a bane bot wheel (they are pretty unique in fitting with one another). Why would you use an alternative hub if using a banebot wheel? Your axle diameter size not listed? If so, probably easier to change the size of axle.
shrewdPanther46

builder83 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:Do we have any alternative to bane bots wheels ? or bane bots wheels with some alternative hubs ?
There are many types of wheels to use. Look in hobby stores. I do not believe you can buy a different hub to use with a bane bot wheel (they are pretty unique in fitting with one another). Why would you use an alternative hub if using a banebot wheel? Your axle diameter size not listed? If so, probably easier to change the size of axle.
u cud design and print a hub
SPP SciO
Division: B
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by SPP SciO »

A lot of the design aspect will depend on whether you’re starting from scratch or whether you already have some components to work with. For example, we had banebots wheels and hubs from last year’s Scrambler. That narrowed the options available for the rest of the vehicle. If you had a great gearbox, you’d start there, and choose a compatible wheel option.

Adjustability is key - I don’t know how many times I’ve seen my students disassemble and reassemble their braking axle but it’s doable because everything fits together with small screws. In previous years, vehicles that were a Frankenstein of parts from different manufacturers and homemade from raw materials, were difficult to calibrate. Once you start gluing stuff or physically modifying (damaging) store bought parts - you’re in a hole that may be tough to dig out of.

Anyway - for that reason I recommend going to servocity, because it’s easy to find enough stuff that will work nicely together (and it’ll be viable for future vehicle events most likely, so it’s a good investment)
Coach
MS 821 Sunset Park Prep
http://www.sppscio.com
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am using 1/4" rod with some plastic box cap for wheels :(
This is creating inconsistency in distance and allignment. I am planning to order and use bane bots (but felt like shipping charge is more and thought of checking for alternative with less expensive !!!)

Based on all your suggestion, looks like it is worth trying bane bots. But next confusion is which Shore value to order 30/40/50/60. I can rule out 60 Shore as it may not give good grip and lead to skid. Anyone please confirm which Shore value wheel is good or you already using

Return to “Battery Buggy B”