Division: C
State: NC

Re: Competitive Times for Nationals

Postby megrimlockawesom » May 15th, 2018, 8:40 am

Hello there!

I am getting around 5-1 cm and have a time of around 3 sec

will that be enough to medal?
Ok this is epic 8-)
Events 2018: Battery Buggy (3rd at Nats), Rollercoaster (18th at Nats), Ping Pong (1st at states)
Events 2019: Ping Pong Parachute, Codebusters, Forensics, Circuit Lab

I like Overwatch, Marvel, and food

Bottom Text

DarthBuilder
State: IL

Postby DarthBuilder » May 15th, 2018, 9:07 am

megrimlockawesom wrote:Hello there!

I am getting around 5-1 cm and have a time of around 3 sec

will that be enough to medal?

Probably if you are under 2.5 cm
New Trier 19’

Jibriel Saqibuddin

shrewdPanther46
State: NJ

Postby shrewdPanther46 » May 15th, 2018, 6:23 pm

I'm pretty inexperienced, so I would like to get an idea for the changes consistency wise from personal practice to competition day due to all the changes that inevitably take place from travel, etc.

A lot of people have/claim to have 4 ish second cars which are <1cm. I am curious to hear from some experienced ppl regarding the degree of variation at competition vs. personal practice. Idk if I made any sense at all, but if anyone understood me, please explain ;)
salty

DarthBuilder

Postby DarthBuilder » May 15th, 2018, 6:35 pm

shrewdPanther46 wrote:I'm pretty inexperienced, so I would like to get an idea for the changes consistency wise from personal practice to competition day due to all the changes that inevitably take place from travel, etc.

A lot of people have/claim to have 4 ish second cars which are <1cm. I am curious to hear from some experienced ppl regarding the degree of variation at competition vs. personal practice. Idk if I made any sense at all, but if anyone understood me, please explain ;)

To be honest,
I think some scores are over estimated. A score of 5 should medal imo
New Trier 19’

Jibriel Saqibuddin

cheese
State: -

Postby cheese » May 15th, 2018, 6:52 pm

DarthBuilder wrote:
shrewdPanther46 wrote:I'm pretty inexperienced, so I would like to get an idea for the changes consistency wise from personal practice to competition day due to all the changes that inevitably take place from travel, etc.

To be honest,

IMO no. Last year, teams were getting scores of 5 without any bonus for scrambler. (scoring was distance + time). With the bonus this year, top teams i would expect to get negative teens. We are getting -5 on average with a slow car.
2018 Nationals: 2nd Place Mystery Architecture || 6th Place Battery Buggy
Cheese's Userpage

DarthBuilder

Postby DarthBuilder » May 15th, 2018, 6:58 pm

cheese wrote:
DarthBuilder wrote:

To be honest,

IMO no. Last year, teams were getting scores of 5 without any bonus for scrambler. (scoring was distance + time). With the bonus this year, top teams i would expect to get negative teens. We are getting -5 on average with a slow car.

Sorry I meant -5
New Trier 19’

Jibriel Saqibuddin

shrewdPanther46

Postby shrewdPanther46 » May 15th, 2018, 7:35 pm

oof my partner and I are hoping for neg teens... but i doubt more than 3 teams will be negative teens. From what I've heard, its a lot harder to get <=1 cm at competition than most ppl anticipate. I'm excited to see how it unfolds tho
salty

cheese

Postby cheese » May 15th, 2018, 7:58 pm

shrewdPanther46 wrote:oof my partner and I are hoping for neg teens... but i doubt more than 3 teams will be negative teens. From what I've heard, its a lot harder to get <=1 cm at competition than most ppl anticipate. I'm excited to see how it unfolds tho

Yeah competition everything can change. People are nervous, wrong wheel turns, etc.
Cheese's Userpage

shrewdPanther46

Postby shrewdPanther46 » May 15th, 2018, 8:00 pm

cheese wrote:
shrewdPanther46 wrote:oof my partner and I are hoping for neg teens... but i doubt more than 3 teams will be negative teens. From what I've heard, its a lot harder to get <=1 cm at competition than most ppl anticipate. I'm excited to see how it unfolds tho

Yeah competition everything can change. People are nervous, wrong wheel turns, etc.

rip you are already making me nervous
salty

cheese

Postby cheese » May 15th, 2018, 8:12 pm

shrewdPanther46 wrote:
cheese wrote:

rip you are already making me nervous

Just be prepared for every circumstance. Literally every single one you can think of.
Cheese's Userpage

Return to “Battery Buggy B”