Rule 4.b addition

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Rule 4.b addition

Post by Unome »

I notice both Helicopters and Wright Stuff have an addition to rule 4.b stating that only competitors can handle device components while they are competing. The location of the change makes it seem to me that it was intended towards spectators (with the next statement on teams violating this rule being tiered), but could it (or is it intended to) also be interpreted to apply to event supervisors?
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Rule 4.b addition

Post by bernard »

Yes. You'll notice a similar more explicit change to Towers in 4.a. where it states the team will make measurements in front of Event Supervisors.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
Has thanked: 0

Post by Raleway »

Is this in response to the query of Event Supervisors breaking devices? I guess SOINC is putting the onus back on to the competitors now... :( more practice
Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

God bless Len Joeris | Balsaman
bearasauras
State: CA

Post by bearasauras »

Yes, we always recommend that the Event Supervisors not to touch competitors' devices. The competitors built these devices so they are the best people to know where to touch or not touch their device. The goal is to minimize the chances of the device being accidentally broken and maximize the chances of allowing the students to test the devices.

Return to “Helicopters C”