Mission Possible C

FermiGod
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mission Possible C

Post by FermiGod »

Narwhalicorn wrote:Anyone have any idea what the topic or tasks are going to be like for next year?

I’d assume them being like simple machines as I recall from Division B few years ago?
Kyanite
Division: Grad
State: WA
Been thanked: 0

Post by Kyanite »

Narwhalicorn wrote:Anyone have any idea what the topic or tasks are going to be like for next year?
I expect a complete remodel of the actions list, maybe going back to lifting up ping pong balls or something similar.
0ddrenaline
State: MI

Post by 0ddrenaline »

If they use the same method as this year, allowing competitors to choose from a list of tasks, you can look at rules or forums from 2011 or 2010. These can give an idea of tasks that may be chosen. Some similar tasks are often repeated, so you could tinker with those tasks if you want to get a head start. They could also use the method of 2014 and 2015: allowing competitors to choose different energy transfer types. These rules and forums are the best resources you can get right now.
FermiGod wrote: I’d assume them being like simple machines as I recall from Division B few years ago?
I would bet against it, since (at least going back to 2010) simple machines have not been exclusively used in Division C. However, I'm pretty sure that some simple machines will be used next year, so it doesn't hurt to research these Division B rules.
nicholasmaurer
Coach
Coach
State: OH

Post by nicholasmaurer »

0ddrenaline wrote:They could also use the method of 2014 and 2015: allowing competitors to choose different energy transfer types.
My impression is that they will not return to this particular approach, as it was difficult to implement and score, generating numerous appeals.
Assistant Coach and Alumnus ('14) - Solon High School Science Olympiad
Tournament Director - Northeast Ohio Regional Tournament
Tournament Director - Solon High School Science Olympiad Invitational

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Tesel
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MI

Post by Tesel »

nicholasmaurer wrote:
0ddrenaline wrote:They could also use the method of 2014 and 2015: allowing competitors to choose different energy transfer types.
My impression is that they will not return to this particular approach, as it was difficult to implement and score, generating numerous appeals.
Also, I thought that they kept the style of the event constant for both years of the style - we might see energy transfers come back, but probably for a full 2-year rotation in the future.
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Div. C Event Lead

2018 MI Mission Possible State Champions
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

The 2018 Tasks wiki page could use a little bit of work - in particular, some details on how the various tasks tended to be accomplished would be nice.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Return to “Mission Possible C”