bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Mission Possible C

Post by bernard »

"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
cuber
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mission Possible C

Post by cuber »

ugh. I enjoyed the simple machines version of mission possible back in div B... but this chemical reaction nonsense seems like a nightmare to deal with.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

cuber wrote:ugh. I enjoyed the simple machines version of mission possible back in div B... but this chemical reaction nonsense seems like a nightmare to deal with.
There's a reason Mission is considered difficult. However, since you have experience in Div B, I'm sure you realize that it's possible to do fairly well even with just a few tasks at many competitions.

The task list sure does look interesting.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
dragonfruit35
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: VA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by dragonfruit35 »

Unome wrote:
cuber wrote:ugh. I enjoyed the simple machines version of mission possible back in div B... but this chemical reaction nonsense seems like a nightmare to deal with.
There's a reason Mission is considered difficult. However, since you have experience in Div B, I'm sure you realize that it's possible to do fairly well even with just a few tasks at many competitions.

Interesting indeed. It seems a lot less open-ended than when I did it two years ago with simple machines... (@ rule 4.b.i.) Still excited, though!
tjhsst '20
virginia tech '24
2x codebusters national medalist

"it's not a pen, it's a principle!" - annie edison
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

dragonfruit35 wrote:
Unome wrote:

Interesting indeed. It seems a lot less open-ended than when I did it two years ago with simple machines... (@ rule 4.b.i.) Still excited, though!
Mission C seems to switch each rotation between task-based (2010-2011 and this year) and transfer-based (2014-2015).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
daydreamer0023

Post by daydreamer0023 »

Seems like integrated circuits, such as Mindstorms/Auduinos are allowed again? Correct me if I'm wrong - I don't see too many other ways to play "the end" when you're finished.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale." - Marie Curie

Enloe '19 || UNC Chapel Hill '23

See resources I helped create here!
dragonfruit35
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dragonfruit35 »

daydreamer0023 wrote:Seems like integrated circuits, such as Mindstorms/Auduinos are allowed again? Correct me if I'm wrong - I don't see too many other ways to play "the end" when you're finished.
I don't see any rules saying you're not allowed to, although I guess you could hit a play button on an mp3 player or something similar if you'd rather.
tjhsst '20
virginia tech '24

daydreamer0023

Post by daydreamer0023 »

dragonfruit35 wrote:
daydreamer0023 wrote:Seems like integrated circuits, such as Mindstorms/Auduinos are allowed again? Correct me if I'm wrong - I don't see too many other ways to play "the end" when you're finished.
I don't see any rules saying you're not allowed to, although I guess you could hit a play button on an mp3 player or something similar if you'd rather.
But then again...battery size (as in voltage) has to always be taken into account. :)
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale." - Marie Curie

Enloe '19 || UNC Chapel Hill '23

See resources I helped create here!
dragonfruit35
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dragonfruit35 »

daydreamer0023 wrote:
dragonfruit35 wrote:
But then again...battery size (as in voltage) has to always be taken into account. :)
True... plus the one-battery bonus ;)
tjhsst '20
virginia tech '24

cuber
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by cuber »

Do you guys think it might be better to go with a box style frame with 3 walls, or a singular standing wall? or maybe just freestanding with a base? It seems like size matter less, only counting for a tiebreaker, so I am considering not making much of an effort to minimize my design.

Return to “Mission Possible C”