Non-Chemical Clocks

Nletts19
Division: C
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Non-Chemical Clocks

Post by Nletts19 »

Tesel wrote:Our mission is primarily electrical, with most of our tasks serving as bridges between electrical systems. I am wondering how a mechanical timer would play with the rule that the timer cannot end with an electrical sensor. Let's take the idea of a counterweighted lever as an example. If I were to take such a lever and use it to trigger a microswitch, would that be considered as an electrical sensor? Or would that technically be a transfer to a mechanical switch, not a sensor? If you think such a task would be illegal, what else would you suggest?

A sensor has a range of outputs, and a switch does not, so I would not see a problem.

The rule is in place so that you can’t program your sensor to “wait” whatever time you want and then have it start the next action without actually sensing anything.

A switch would require the timer to work, if it didn’t work than the switch would have no way of being triggered, and you can’t change the threshold of a switch, it’s either on or off, there are only two outputs. Therefore I think it should be perfectly legal.

Return to “Mission Possible C”