Final Action

dmis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Final Action

Post by dmis »

jsiongsin wrote:Does anyone know of any recordable speakers similar to the one just posted above by antigem, but with a longer recording time?
Why would you want one? Running it for more than 10s would be a violation.
NilaiVemula
Division: C
State: TN

Post by NilaiVemula »

According to the faq, it is only a violation if you USE it for more than 10 sec
White Station High School
2018: (Invitationals/Regionals/State/Nationals)
Hovercraft: (3/1/-/-)
Thermodynamics: (3/1/-/-)
Mission Possible: (4/2/-/-)
Remote Sensing: (1/1/-/-)
Microbe Mission: (1/1/-/-)
Dynamic Planet: (1/1/-/-)
PM2017
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by PM2017 »

Jogglet wrote:Does the event timer stop when "The End" starts to play or at the end of the sound "The End?"
Beginning of the word "end"
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!
Iwilsonp

Post by Iwilsonp »

NilaiVemula wrote:According to the faq, it is only a violation if you USE it for more than 10 sec
The Arduino / other IC is controlling the Mission for more than 10 sec. If I was an ES I would certainly hit you with the electrical timer penalty.
mpnobivucyxtz
State: NY

Post by mpnobivucyxtz »

For those of you who have been using those small recordable devices, how have you gotten around the fact that most of them have (lithium) coin batteries? As far as I know, none of those recordable devices run on regular non lithium batteries (although at our regional, the event supervisor didn’t ask what kind of batteries were in our audio device... I have a feeling that they’ll be more vigilant for states though).
dmis

Post by dmis »

mpnobivucyxtz wrote:For those of you who have been using those small recordable devices, how have you gotten around the fact that most of them have (lithium) coin batteries? As far as I know, none of those recordable devices run on regular non lithium batteries (although at our regional, the event supervisor didn’t ask what kind of batteries were in our audio device... I have a feeling that they’ll be more vigilant for states though).
There are definitely some that run off 1.5v alkaline cells. Not all coin cells are lithium.
terence.tan
State: NY

Post by terence.tan »

dmis wrote:
mpnobivucyxtz wrote:For those of you who have been using those small recordable devices, how have you gotten around the fact that most of them have (lithium) coin batteries? As far as I know, none of those recordable devices run on regular non lithium batteries (although at our regional, the event supervisor didn’t ask what kind of batteries were in our audio device... I have a feeling that they’ll be more vigilant for states though).
There are definitely some that run off 1.5v alkaline cells. Not all coin cells are lithium.
If there is no label is it possible for the event supervisor to tell what it is made of
2017 events: Electric Vehicle, Game On, Robot Arm
2018 events: Mouse Trap Vehicle, Game On, Mission Possible, ExpD, Duct Tape Challenge
2019 events: Mouse Trap Vehicle, Sounds of Music, Mission Possible, ExpD, Wright Stuff, WIDI
2020 events: Gravity Vehicle. ExpD, WIDI, Sounds of Music, Machines
dmis

Post by dmis »

terence.tan wrote:
dmis wrote:
If there is no label is it possible for the event supervisor to tell what it is made of
The cells should have a label with a code on them. You can bring in a print out of the datasheet for the battery. For example, the LR44 is a very common alkaline coin cell battery.
Dark Sabre
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: KY

Post by Dark Sabre »

terence.tan wrote:
dmis wrote:
Well, to be particular...if there is no label then it is a construction violation.

Return to “Mission Possible C”