Final Action

PM2017
Division: Grad
State: CA

Final Action

Post by PM2017 »

How are people planning on doing the recording while still getting the single battery bonus?
(I'm thinking of finding a way to attach wires to the recorder, where there would normally be the battery.)
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!
andrew lorino
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Final Action

Post by andrew lorino »

PM2017 wrote:How are people planning on doing the recording while still getting the single battery bonus?
(I'm thinking of finding a way to attach wires to the recorder, where there would normally be the battery.)
We found some chips online that you can record a message on and have it activated by light (used for stationery).
Kyanite
State: WA

Post by Kyanite »

PM2017 wrote:How are people planning on doing the recording while still getting the single battery bonus?
Could use a phonograph
Snarknado

Post by Snarknado »

Kyanite wrote:
Could use a phonograph
Yes, there's a fine merchant from Austria-Hungary. You'll need make haste though if you want it shipped express, as the Ottomans are doing repairs on the Berlin-Baghdad railway for the winter.
Raisbeck Aviation High School Wiki
Snarknado's Userpage
"All we can do now is pray to Hot Glue Cthulu"
andrew lorino
State: NY

Post by andrew lorino »

Kyanite wrote:
Could use a phonograph
Or a trained parrot. ;)
ScottMaurer19
State: OH

Post by ScottMaurer19 »

andrew lorino wrote:
Kyanite wrote:
Could use a phonograph
Or a trained parrot. ;)
*nut rolls down track to cage* "The End"
Solon '19 Captain, CWRU '23
2017 (r/s/n):
Hydro: 3/5/18
Robot Arm: na/1/1
Rocks: 1/1/1

2018 (r/s/n):
Heli: 2/1/7 
Herp: 1/4/4
Mission: 1/1/6
Rocks: 1/1/1
Eco: 6/3/9

2019 (r/s/n):
Fossils: 1/1/1
GLM: 1/1/1
Herp: 1/1/5
Mission: 1/1/3
WS: 4/1/10

Top 3 Medals: 144
Golds: 80
Kyanite

Post by Kyanite »

ScottMaurer19 wrote:
andrew lorino wrote:
Kyanite wrote:
Could use a phonograph
Or a trained parrot. ;)
*nut rolls down track to cage* "The End"
I was thinking on hiring a kid to hide under the table and whisper the end.
Snarknado

Post by Snarknado »

I believe you should be able to just attach a larger battery to your recorder. At an invitational last Saturday I ended up using a single 9V battery to power mine, even though it was designed to run on two AA batteries in series. However, you may want to be cautious, especially if it's a more expensive/fragile device, as you could potentially damage it.

You could try to use resistors to lower the voltage in the system, but lacking the time or patience to integrate such as solution, I directly connected my 9V at the cost of temporarily losing the recorder's display, but luckily didn't lose the recorder functionality.
Kyanite wrote:Could use a phonograph
While I made a roast attempt on Kyanite earlier, you could use an non-digital format of audio, but I think a tape player or vinyl record player would probably work better than a phonograph, but ultimately you'd still face the same issues with power as you would with a digital media player that would be much easier to work with.
Raisbeck Aviation High School Wiki
Snarknado's Userpage
"All we can do now is pray to Hot Glue Cthulu"
Kyanite

Post by Kyanite »

Snarknado wrote:
I believe you should be able to just attach a larger battery to your recorder. At an invitational last Saturday I ended up using a single 9V battery to power mine, even though it was designed to run on two AA batteries in series. However, you may want to be cautious, especially if it's a more expensive/fragile device, as you could potentially damage it.

You could try to use resistors to lower the voltage in the system, but lacking the time or patience to integrate such as solution, I directly connected my 9V at the cost of temporarily losing the recorder's display, but luckily didn't lose the recorder functionality.
Kyanite wrote:Could use a phonograph
While I made a roast attempt on Kyanite earlier, you could use an non-digital format of audio, but I think a tape player or vinyl record player would probably work better than a phonograph, but ultimately you'd still face the same issues with power as you would with a digital media player that would be much easier to work with.
Perhaps, but using a falling weight to turn a phonograph would be relatively easy, only issue is how quiet phonographs are.
antigem

Post by antigem »

andrew lorino wrote:
We found some chips online that you can record a message on and have it activated by light (used for stationery).
Where did you find those? I might have to try that if my original idea doesn't work
Central Valley High School, WA

2019 events and place at regionals:
Boomilever 4th
Write it Do it 2nd
Mission Possible 2nd
Thermodynamics 2nd

Return to “Mission Possible C”