Track Diagram?

JacobWilliams
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Track Diagram?

Post by JacobWilliams »

My manual says to "refer to www.soinc.org for a diagram of the track." (I'm from NC) but I can't find it. does anyone know where I can find a track diagram?
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Track Diagram?

Post by bernard »

JacobWilliams wrote:My manual says to "refer to http://www.soinc.org for a diagram of the track." (I'm from NC) but I can't find it. does anyone know where I can find a track diagram?
The track diagram has been made and will be posted shortly.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Lambs
Division: C
State: KS

Post by Lambs »

Ok, so I just look at the track diagram and look at the rules. I guess I was wandering if it matters how far past the cup goes passed CTP, and also does it matter how far past the car goes past the VTP?
Thank you so much.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Lambs wrote:Ok, so I just look at the track diagram and look at the rules. I guess I was wandering if it matters how far past the cup goes passed CTP, and also does it matter how far past the car goes past the VTP?
Thank you so much.
For the first, I believe the cup just has to go past it to get max points (though I don't remember for certain). For the second, the Distance Score is based on how close the dowel is to the VTP, so you would want to end up very near to it.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Lambs
Division: C
State: KS

Post by Lambs »

Unome wrote:
Lambs wrote:Ok, so I just look at the track diagram and look at the rules. I guess I was wandering if it matters how far past the cup goes passed CTP, and also does it matter how far past the car goes past the VTP?
Thank you so much.
For the first, I believe the cup just has to go past it to get max points (though I don't remember for certain). For the second, the Distance Score is based on how close the dowel is to the VTP, so you would want to end up very near to it.
Ok so the cup doesn’t matter how far past it goes. But the dowel you want to close to the line, but does that also mean that even if it goes past they will still measure how far past it is and give you points based on that?
Thank you
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Lambs wrote:
Unome wrote:
Thank you so much.
Ok so the cup doesn’t matter how far past it goes. But the dowel you want to close to the line, but does that also mean that even if it goes past they will still measure how far past it is and give you points based on that?
Thank you
Yes, it shouldn't matter which side of the VTP the dowel is.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Return to “Mousetrap Vehicle C”