Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scores

Post by dcambrid »

4Head wrote:
Alex-RCHS wrote:
DarthBuilder wrote:
Has there ever been a dead on run?
Theoretically, if your dowel covers the target point you get a score of 0 for distance. Maybe a dead-on run is unlikely, but my point is I personally think the scores (not times, but total scores) of the top 6 teams will all be under 8. How they get those scores could vary (a 7.5 second car that's extremely accurate, a 5 second car 1.5cm off the mark, etc.).
I scored a dead on run at 4m at my regional. However, my car was pretty slow, ~9 seconds
1st Place at the Michigan State Tournament was 0cm from the target with 9.9 seconds.
Chameleon02
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Chameleon02 »

dcambrid wrote:
4Head wrote:
Alex-RCHS wrote: Theoretically, if your dowel covers the target point you get a score of 0 for distance. Maybe a dead-on run is unlikely, but my point is I personally think the scores (not times, but total scores) of the top 6 teams will all be under 8. How they get those scores could vary (a 7.5 second car that's extremely accurate, a 5 second car 1.5cm off the mark, etc.).
I scored a dead on run at 4m at my regional. However, my car was pretty slow, ~9 seconds
1st Place at the Michigan State Tournament was 0cm from the target with 9.9 seconds.
that was ours, I even took a pic of the dowel spot on the dot, wasnt meant to happen :)
Last&SeventhYearSciolyer
2020 Events: Boomilever, Wright Stuff, Protein, Chem lab, Gravvy
The Air Trajectory nostalgia hits hard
PM2017
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by PM2017 »

Chameleon02 wrote:
dcambrid wrote:
4Head wrote: I scored a dead on run at 4m at my regional. However, my car was pretty slow, ~9 seconds
that was ours, I even took a pic of the dowel spot on the dot, wasnt meant to happen :)
(you're not supposed to say that last part... xD)
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!

Return to “Mousetrap Vehicle C”