Scores

PM2017
Division: Grad
State: CA

Re: Scores

Post by PM2017 »

dragonfruit35 wrote:
DarthBuilder wrote:How would one launch a cup from their vehicle?
What do you mean? The vehicle should be pushing the cup the whole way down the track until the CTL, unless I misunderstand what you're asking.
Read some of Windu34's recent posts in the main Mousetrap Vehicle C Forum
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!
falcon1236912
State: MO
Has thanked: 0

Post by falcon1236912 »

My regional was last week and I was able to see Ladue's car. They won mouse trap with a score around 10. their car was like 6 seconds and very close to the target. Has anyone else managed to see accurate cars that were faster than 6 seconds?
nnaya
Division: C
State: IL
Been thanked: 0

Post by nnaya »

what was the target distance though? and did they push the cup all the way?
4Head

Post by 4Head »

nnaya wrote:what was the target distance though? and did they push the cup all the way?
If they didn’t push the cup all the way their score would be in the 300s.
2019 Sounds of Music National Champion
falcon1236912

Post by falcon1236912 »

nnaya wrote:what was the target distance though? and did they push the cup all the way?
The target distance was 3.5m
nnaya
State: IL

Post by nnaya »

4Head wrote:
If they didn’t push the cup all the way their score would be in the 300s.
Ah I meant...did they launch/shoot the cup beyond the cup line or did they push it :D
mnoga

Post by mnoga »

falcon1236912 wrote:My regional was last week and I was able to see Ladue's car. They won mouse trap with a score around 10. their car was like 6 seconds and very close to the target. Has anyone else managed to see accurate cars that were faster than 6 seconds?
That's an impressive time as long as it wasn't sort of a lucky hit on the target. Our car runs about 8 seconds for a 3.0m target point. Every once in awhile in a practice run we hit dead on the target point, but typically in a competition we are in the 2-4 cm range. We are building a new car which should be faster but we'll see about its accuracy.
Nletts19

Post by Nletts19 »

falcon1236912 wrote:
My regional was last week and I was able to see Ladue's car. They won mouse trap with a score around 10. their car was like 6 seconds and very close to the target. Has anyone else managed to see accurate cars that were faster than 6 seconds?
I’m from the other end of Missouri (Kansas city rather than St.Louis), and our regional winner is putting up very similar scores to what ladue achieved.
Otkrlj

Post by Otkrlj »

Nletts19 wrote:
falcon1236912 wrote:
I’m from the other end of Missouri (Kansas city rather than St.Louis), and our regional winner is putting up very similar scores to what ladue achieved.
Wait, you saw pembroks run? What did they get? They cant have been that fast, there car was all aluminum
2020 events: codebusters, towers, gravity vehicle, ping pong paracute 8-) 8-)
mnoga

Post by mnoga »

Otkrlj wrote:
Nletts19 wrote:
falcon1236912 wrote:
Wait, you saw pembroks run? What did they get? They cant have been that fast, there car was all aluminum
I tested a new car last night and it ran around 6 seconds for a 3.0m run, but when it reversed direction after passing the CTL, the car's backend skewed several degrees to the right. Hence the vehicle ended up 30 cm or so to the left of the target point. The vertical accuracy was actually pretty good, but the skew is a killer. I'm going to try making the car a little wider and heavier (probably adding about 1.0 sec to the run time), with hopes of removing the skew.

Return to “Mousetrap Vehicle C”