Rule change for mtv guesses?

Orion66
Division: C
State: GA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rule change for mtv guesses?

Post by Orion66 »

Things2do wrote:I'm thinking something along the lines of a curve like Scrambler had with a 5 gallon bucket, in addition to the reverse and stuff from this year.
Curving AND reversing? That sounds...challenging to say the least. If your car moves on a circular arc connecting the start and target points, the cup could end up in all sorts of interesting pages depending on the curvature of the arc. Not to mention a lot of cars seem to change course to some degree when changing direction...
Chattahoochee High School

"Don't bother me. I'm busy conserving energy, momentum, and angular momentum"

2016: Bridges | Air Trajectory | Hydrogeology
2017: Towers | Helicopters | Hydrogeology
2018: Towers | Helicopters | Mousetrap Vehicle, Hovercraft
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

bearasauras wrote:Oh! Then you'll do great if the goal is for the vehicle to avoid the target point!
:lol:
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
Things2do
Division: Grad
State: TN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Things2do »

Orion66 wrote:
Things2do wrote:I'm thinking something along the lines of a curve like Scrambler had with a 5 gallon bucket, in addition to the reverse and stuff from this year.
Curving AND reversing? That sounds...challenging to say the least. If your car moves on a circular arc connecting the start and target points, the cup could end up in all sorts of interesting pages depending on the curvature of the arc. Not to mention a lot of cars seem to change course to some degree when changing direction...
I just sent the cup way over the line, and I ran the car so much that I could tell where it would go for both directions. It went between two and three feet to the left for the 300 meter cup line. It went fairly straight on the way back, but it still had enough turn to go back around the obstacle. I was SO glad that there was no penalty for going out of the track... My car is so good (or is that "My competition was so bad..." that the Regions proctor, who found out he was proctoring something 30 minutes before the event started, offered me a third run if I wanted it. I didn't take it. (I figured someone ought follow the rules...
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki

Return to “Mousetrap Vehicle C”