Scores?

knightmoves

Re: Scores?

Post by knightmoves »

IvanGe wrote: oh i see what you mean. I'm assuming if it slightly bounces on the receiver it should be fine right? Cause my last receiver is metal and the ball slight bounces, would you say that's not against the rules?
The way I read the rules, you may not bounce off a surface as part of your jump. Bouncing a little on the track that you land on is not part of your jump - it's the landing, so is OK. Probably most people's balls jump a bit on landing, although it might not be noticeable.
vehicleguy
Division: C

Re: Scores?

Post by vehicleguy »

IvanGe wrote:
vehicleguy wrote:
vehicleguy wrote:
Its hard to explain. As the marble was traveling 5 cm, it hit the wall that prevented the marble from leaving the track. Even though it still went 5 cm it the direction of the jump, the judges still interpreted it as a violation.

oh i see what you mean. I'm assuming if it slightly bounces on the receiver it should be fine right? Cause my last receiver is metal and the ball slight bounces, would you say that's not against the rules?
If you mean that the marble jumps when it lands, then I'm pretty sure that it is fine. My marble jumps when it lands and the supervisers never said anything.
AHHS '22 Vanderbilt '26
2022 Events: Chem Lab, Envi Chem, It's About Time, Orni, PPP, Wright Stuff
2022 States: 3rd Envi Chem, 3rd Orni, 4th Wright Stuff
Userpage- https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Vehicleguy

Return to “Roller Coaster B”