Scores?

shrewdPanther46
Division: C
State: NJ
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scores?

Post by shrewdPanther46 »

Crtomir wrote:
smansman wrote:We won IL state yesterday with 501 points. Target time 38 sec, ran 40 sec. Alas, end of the road for our device. Good luck to Daniel Wright and Science & Arts Academy at Nationals!
Wow! Impressive!!! That's got to be the best score in the Nation so far.
Very nice score. But I bet its not the best score in the nation. I'm sure other teams would be in mid-500s by now (ex: Solon). Its a matter of consistency, so pulling it off in competition is really good.
wellOKthen
Division: B
State: TX
Has thanked: 0

Post by wellOKthen »

I ended up getting fifth at Texas State with a score in the early 300's. It was really competitive but still... not bad :)
IvanGe
State: NY

Post by IvanGe »

I know this is only for scores, but did anyone have any good ideas on slowing the time down with only 10 cm of height? My jumps are a good amount but I feel that at nationals, time will also be important.

I currently have like 82cm of jumps trying to get that up to close to 100 maybe? But my time succs so does anyone have any ideas on how to slow down the time because I'm predicting that nationals is gonna be like high 30s for time
gelinas 2016-2019, wmhs'22

nats '19:
5th - potions
5th - fossils
9th - buggy
vehicleguy

Post by vehicleguy »

IvanGe wrote:I know this is only for scores, but did anyone have any good ideas on slowing the time down with only 10 cm of height? My jumps are a good amount but I feel that at nationals, time will also be important.

I currently have like 82cm of jumps trying to get that up to close to 100 maybe? But my time succs so does anyone have any ideas on how to slow down the time because I'm predicting that nationals is gonna be like high 30s for time
A half pipe is an effective method, but it takes a lot of trial and error. I use ramps to slowly move the ball from side to side (I can elaborate more if confusing). It may be difficult for you, though, because of the 10 cm of height.
AHHS '22 Vanderbilt '26
2022 Events: Chem Lab, Envi Chem, It's About Time, Orni, PPP, Wright Stuff
2022 States: 3rd Envi Chem, 3rd Orni, 4th Wright Stuff
Userpage- https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Vehicleguy
builder83

Post by builder83 »

Definately jacked the half pipe idea as well to eat time with just a few cm. We won WA state with just under 400, but nowhere near going on as a team. Would love to see a vid of a 500 point plus coaster after the national competition if anybody is willing to share! Good luck alls.
megrimlockawesom
State: NC

Post by megrimlockawesom »

got like 350 once at the cornell invitational

needless to say we won 1st
Ok this is epic 8-)
Events 2018: Battery Buggy (3rd at Nats), Rollercoaster (18th at Nats), Ping Pong (1st at states)
Events 2019: Codebusters, Ping Pong Parachute (2nd at Regionals OVERALL), Thermodynamics
Events 2020: Sounds of Music, Designer Genes, Ping Pong Parachute
Crtomir
Division: B
State: OH

Post by Crtomir »

vehicleguy wrote:
A half pipe is an effective method, but it takes a lot of trial and error. I use ramps to slowly move the ball from side to side (I can elaborate more if confusing). It may be difficult for you, though, because of the 10 cm of height.
\

That's actually a really good idea. Thanks for sharing.
hippo9
State: IN

Post by hippo9 »

Crtomir wrote:
vehicleguy wrote:
\

That's actually a really good idea. Thanks for sharing.
If you watch the soinc roller coaster video it has a lot of examples of coaster's using those.
2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster
2019: Chem Lab, Code, Disease, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds
2020 and 2021: Astro, Chem Lab, Code, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds

When you miss nats twice by a combined two points :|
sunitha

Post by sunitha »

Hi,
This is the first time our team is participating in nationals. We are very excited about it. have couple of questions and would really appreciate your replies.

1. How is everyone transporting your rollercoasters to Nationals? Flight Check-in or shipping through carriers. Any recommendations?

2. Is anyone using Knex rollercoaster model parts to make it more stable? Is it allowed? What materials is everyone using?

3. Our jumps are anywhere from 45-50 cms with consistensy. Any longer than that are turning out to be inconsistent. Any pointers regarding this is super helpful.

Thank you!
shrewdPanther46
State: NJ

Post by shrewdPanther46 »

People are making rollers that can be easily dismantled and put together by just unscrewing a few parts

Return to “Roller Coaster B”