Scoresheet error?

builder83
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Scoresheet error?

Post by builder83 »

So I just placed 3rd in regionals. It was not very competitive. My roller coaster was the only one with jumps (52 cm). And had a time of 27 sec out of 30.

I asked my coach to appeal it and we are still waiting to hear back. I would have thought I would win by a margin of 240 or 250 points!

https://www.soinc.org/scoresheets

My only thought was there is a scoring error. So I looked on website and found the scoring sheet. Plugged in numbers and it does not seem to register jumps at all.

Is it me or is the coding on the score sheet messed up?
builder83

Re: Scoresheet error?

Post by builder83 »

builder83 wrote:So I just placed 3rd in regionals. It was not very competitive. My roller coaster was the only one with jumps (52 cm). And had a time of 27 sec out of 30.

I asked my coach to appeal it and we are still waiting to hear back. I would have thought I would win by a margin of 240 or 250 points!

https://www.soinc.org/scoresheets

My only thought was there is a scoring error. So I looked on website and found the scoring sheet. Plugged in numbers and it does not seem to register jumps at all.

Is it me or is the coding on the score sheet messed up?
Edit: it works if completely filled in. I still wonder if they filled in all the yes and no prompts because I find it hard to believe that coasters with 0 jumps did better.
cool hand luke
Division: B
State: TX

Post by cool hand luke »

It is mathematically impossible to lose to one with no jumps for yall. lets assume worst case scenario and you are at max height

Your score should have been 52 X 5 + 27*2 - 80 = 259 points

Now the BEST they could do with no jumps would be one that nailed the target time, and had a height of 1 cm. That would only score 59 points.
IvanGe
Division: C
State: NY

Post by IvanGe »

cool hand luke wrote:
It is mathematically impossible to lose to one with no jumps for yall. lets assume worst case scenario and you are at max height

Now the BEST they could do with no jumps would be one that nailed the target time, and had a height of 1 cm. That would only score 59 points.
Wrong. The height score if they had it would be 100-1 = 99. With the time nailed, it would be 30 * 2 = 60. Then they would get at most 159 (I assume that's what you meant.)
cool hand luke

Post by cool hand luke »

oops, yes, messed that up. Still it's mathematically impossible.
builder83

Post by builder83 »

Ended up winning by like 300 points after appeal.
cool hand luke

Post by cool hand luke »

Good deal. Glad they got it fixed for you.
Crtomir
State: OH

Post by Crtomir »

IvanGe wrote:
cool hand luke wrote:

Wrong. The height score if they had it would be 100-1 = 99. With the time nailed, it would be 30 * 2 = 60. Then they would get at most 159 (I assume that's what you meant.)
I don't know the height of your device, but with 52 cm of jump, you would probably be close to max height which is 80 cm.

Height Score = 100 - 80 = 20
Time Score = 2*27 = 54
Gap Score = 5*52 = 260
Total Score = 20 + 54 + 260 = 334 points!!!

334 - 159 = 175. You would be about 175 points more than the absolute best a no-gap roller coaster could do.

Return to “Roller Coaster B”