Rule 3.i

BenZuzu37
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rule 3.i

Post by BenZuzu37 »

I have two questions on this rule. First, if a track is flipped on its side to catch a jump, is that considered a wall? And second, does the receiving track have to be exactly the same direction of the original track to get the bonus, or can it be in just the general direction? Thanks for your help
IvanGe
Division: C
State: NY

Re: Rule 3.i

Post by IvanGe »

Question 1 : please elaborate more but i think it should be fine, Question 2, yes, the ball has to travel 5cm in the direction it was launched at
gelinas 2016-2019, wmhs'22

nats '19:
5th - potions
5th - fossils
9th - buggy
hippo9
State: IN

Post by hippo9 »

The first question is really vague, but as long as it continues 5cm in the same direction as the launch is.
2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster
2019: Chem Lab, Code, Disease, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds
2020 and 2021: Astro, Chem Lab, Code, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds

When you miss nats twice by a combined two points :|
Crtomir
Division: B
State: OH

Post by Crtomir »

But the ball is launched at maybe 45 degrees up, so does that mean the track that catches it has to be at 45 degrees up as well? I think the rules for Roller Coaster are not as clear or straightforward as they might seem at first.
hippo9

Post by hippo9 »

Crtomir wrote:But the ball is launched at maybe 45 degrees up, so does that mean the track that catches it has to be at 45 degrees up as well? I think the rules for Roller Coaster are not as clear or straightforward as they might seem at first.
I don't think it does(mine certainly didn't), I think it just means it has to be the same direction, not angle of descent/ascent.

shrewdPanther46
State: NJ

Post by shrewdPanther46 »

no, my interpretation is that the ball has to simply travel5 cm in the x-direction. IF it was like literally in the direction the ball is moving, it wouldnt even be the vector parallel to the launch angle, it would just be some shady parabola, which wouldnt make any sense
BenZuzu37

Post by BenZuzu37 »

For question 1 Here’s an example to clear things up. The ball is moving at a very high velocity in the air and is nearing the edge of the 60 x 60. So I flip the track on its side to recieve the ball and curl it around the edge to change direction. Would the flipped track be counted as a wall or a track?
BenZuzu37

Post by BenZuzu37 »

IvanGe wrote:Question 1 : please elaborate more but i think it should be fine, Question 2, yes, the ball has to travel 5cm in the direction it was launched at
So it has to be the exact direction and can’t be like 10-20 degrees off?
hippo9

Post by hippo9 »

BenZuzu37 wrote:For question 1 Here’s an example to clear things up. The ball is moving at a very high velocity in the air and is nearing the edge of the 60 x 60. So I flip the track on its side to recieve the ball and curl it around the edge to change direction. Would the flipped track be counted as a wall or a track?
Based on this it wouldn't count as a gap, unless it already landed and traveled straight for 5cm

BenZuzu37

Post by BenZuzu37 »

hippo9 wrote:
BenZuzu37 wrote:For question 1 Here’s an example to clear things up. The ball is moving at a very high velocity in the air and is nearing the edge of the 60 x 60. So I flip the track on its side to recieve the ball and curl it around the edge to change direction. Would the flipped track be counted as a wall or a track?
Based on this it wouldn't count as a gap, unless it already landed and traveled straight for 5cm
So if it traveled straight on the flipped track for 5cm would it count as a gap?

Return to “Roller Coaster B”