State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PICTURES, SCORES, VIDEOS!!!

Post by waffletree »

M017 wrote:
waffletree wrote:
M017 wrote: It got 1228 at state and still won by 400 points
400!? In my state, 1st to 6th place were within 400 points.
Nebraska is crazy, my team s way above every other team, we have won the last 14 years in a row by like 50 points. They had scores posted on a white board in the testing room and it was 1228 ( us) then 800 then 600 then a lot of team in the 300 to 400 range. Most teams make a tower that can nearly hold 15kg but it weighs like 25-30g
Saw one tower that was popsicle sticks stacked like Lincoln logs
Omg I love Lincoln logs. But that tower probably had a score of like 10 or got dqed or tiered...
builder cult vp // #treegang
randomperson123
Division: C

Post by randomperson123 »

TheChiScientist wrote:Pretty sure IL had towers in the 2,500+ points category...
I guess the real question is how far above 2500, and would it be possible for them to break the 3000 mark.
Because my guess is that an efficiency of 2500-2600 should be enough to place this year, barring any extremely high states results that I have yet to hear about.
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

waffletree wrote:
M017 wrote:
waffletree wrote: 400!? In my state, 1st to 6th place were within 400 points.
Nebraska is crazy, my team s way above every other team, we have won the last 14 years in a row by like 50 points. They had scores posted on a white board in the testing room and it was 1228 ( us) then 800 then 600 then a lot of team in the 300 to 400 range. Most teams make a tower that can nearly hold 15kg but it weighs like 25-30g
Omg I love Lincoln logs. But that tower probably had a score of like 10 or got dqed or tiered...
I agree, Lincoln Logs are DOPE!!! But aren't popsicle sticks banned since they are wood composites?
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
M017
Division: B
State: NE

Post by M017 »

MadCow2357 wrote:
waffletree wrote:
M017 wrote: Nebraska is crazy, my team s way above every other team, we have won the last 14 years in a row by like 50 points. They had scores posted on a white board in the testing room and it was 1228 ( us) then 800 then 600 then a lot of team in the 300 to 400 range. Most teams make a tower that can nearly hold 15kg but it weighs like 25-30g
I agree, Lincoln Logs are DOPE!!! But aren't popsicle sticks banned since they are wood composites?
It might have been balsa but if it was it was 1/4 × 1/8 pieces
waffletree

Post by waffletree »

MadCow2357 wrote:
waffletree wrote:
M017 wrote: Nebraska is crazy, my team s way above every other team, we have won the last 14 years in a row by like 50 points. They had scores posted on a white board in the testing room and it was 1228 ( us) then 800 then 600 then a lot of team in the 300 to 400 range. Most teams make a tower that can nearly hold 15kg but it weighs like 25-30g
Well if they were popsicle sticks, then they probably got dqed. I saw someone who used really thick pieces of wood (maybe1"x1"?) pieces for legs and also to connect the legs. It fell over after like 10 seconds...
M017
State: NE

Post by M017 »

waffletree wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote:
waffletree wrote: Omg I love Lincoln logs. But that tower probably had a score of like 10 or got dqed or tiered...
Well if they were popsicle sticks, then they probably got dqed. I saw someone who used really thick pieces of wood (maybe1"x1"?) pieces for legs and also to connect the legs. It fell over after like 10 seconds...
On the board they showed the tiers and Lincoln Irving got tier 4, what could make you get that
cheese

Post by cheese »

M017 wrote:
waffletree wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote: I agree, Lincoln Logs are DOPE!!! But aren't popsicle sticks banned since they are wood composites?
On the board they showed the tiers and Lincoln Irving got tier 4, what could make you get that
iv. Tier 4: unable to be loaded for any reason (e.g., cannot accommodate Loading Block, or failure to wear
eye protection),
2018 Nationals: 2nd Place Mystery Architecture || 6th Place Battery Buggy
Cheese's Userpage
waffletree

Post by waffletree »

M017 wrote:
waffletree wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote: I agree, Lincoln Logs are DOPE!!! But aren't popsicle sticks banned since they are wood composites?
It wasn't States, idk if it was regionals or one of the invitationals.
hippo9
State: IN

Post by hippo9 »

They probably forgot to bring goggles, which would tier 4 them...
2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster
2019: Chem Lab, Code, Disease, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds
2020 and 2021: Astro, Chem Lab, Code, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds

When you miss nats twice by a combined two points :|
-ISO13-
State: IL

Post by -ISO13- »

randomperson123 wrote:
TheChiScientist wrote:Pretty sure IL had towers in the 2,500+ points category...
I guess the real question is how far above 2500, and would it be possible for them to break the 3000 mark.
Because my guess is that an efficiency of 2500-2600 should be enough to place this year, barring any extremely high states results that I have yet to hear about.
I don’t know about Div C but I would guess somewhere in that range. As for Div B, 1st place was around 3300 and 2nd place was about 3150.
ic '19

Return to “Towers B/C”