Aerial Scramble B/C [IN/MD TRIAL]

LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Aerial Scramble B/C [IN/MD TRIAL]

Post by LittleMissNyan »

So I got put in a MD trial event, Aerial Scrambler. According to the rules you get an AMA Alpha kit, build it, and make it fly as long as possible. It sounds a lot like Wright Stuff, so does anyone have any tips?
(Also, does anyone know where to get one of those kits?)
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
pikachu4919
Division: Grad
State: IN

Re: Aerial Scramble B/C [IN/MD TRIAL]

Post by pikachu4919 »

LittleMissNyan wrote:So I got put in a MD trial event, Aerial Scrambler. According to the rules you get an AMA Alpha kit, build it, and make it fly as long as possible. It sounds a lot like Wright Stuff, so does anyone have any tips?
It's been a longtime trial event in Indiana too, and yes, it is like Wright Stuff but instead ya gotta complete the build in basically less than an hour (in your given timeslot), hence why it has scramble in the name. I don't have tips since I never did it, but you're mostly (w)right about what it's about. In terms of where to get one, I think Tom Sanders would know, but idk if he would tell you.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by LittleMissNyan »

pikachu4919 wrote:
LittleMissNyan wrote:So I got put in a MD trial event, Aerial Scrambler. According to the rules you get an AMA Alpha kit, build it, and make it fly as long as possible. It sounds a lot like Wright Stuff, so does anyone have any tips?
It's been a longtime trial event in Indiana too, and yes, it is like Wright Stuff but instead ya gotta complete the build in basically less than an hour (in your given timeslot), hence why it has scramble in the name. I don't have tips since I never did it, but you're mostly (w)right about what it's about. In terms of where to get one, I think Tom Sanders would know, but idk if he would tell you.
Who's Tom Sanders?
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

pikachu4919 wrote:
You're able to get one through guru tech engineerings wright stuff page, where he links the winder, it brings you to the AMA Alpha kit
pikachu4919
Division: Grad

Post by pikachu4919 »

LittleMissNyan wrote:
pikachu4919 wrote:
Who's Tom Sanders?
Tom Sanders is the Indiana State Director and also the National Event Supervisor for any and all of the flight events.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by LittleMissNyan »

Rossyspsce wrote:
pikachu4919 wrote:
You're able to get one through guru tech engineerings wright stuff page, where he links the winder, it brings you to the AMA Alpha kit
I think I found where you get the kit, but it says it's out...... do you know anywhere else I can get one for some practice?
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
Creationist127
Division: C
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Creationist127 »

LittleMissNyan wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
pikachu4919 wrote: You're able to get one through guru tech engineerings wright stuff page, where he links the winder, it brings you to the AMA Alpha kit
I think I found where you get the kit, but it says it's out...... do you know anywhere else I can get one for some practice?
I have been unable to find one for practice, so I'm just going in cold, and hoping that most other teams are as well.
I looked on Amazon, eBay, etc... it looks like none of them are in existence anymore. :cry:
Does anyone know whether the first aid kit must fit in the toolbox, or if it can be separate like the cutting board?
2018: Hovercraft, Thermo, Coaster, Solar System
2019: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Sounds, Wright Stuff
2020: Circuit Lab, Wright Stuff, Machines
2021: Circuit Lab, Machines, WIDI, anything but Wright Stuff

Can I request that we delete 2020 from our memories and do it over again?
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by LittleMissNyan »

Creationist127 wrote:
LittleMissNyan wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
I have been unable to find one for practice, so I'm just going in cold, and hoping that most other teams are as well.
I looked on Amazon, eBay, etc... it looks like none of them are in existence anymore. :cry:
Does anyone know whether the first aid kit must fit in the toolbox, or if it can be separate like the cutting board?
For our thing, they used a Guillow's Sky Streak kit instead, so get one of those?
I don't know if the first aid kit has to fit, but it should probably be small enough to fit anyway.
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
mchoi595
Division: C
State: WI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mchoi595 »

Will this event become a trial event at 2019 nationals?
Also what average time do people get? I can only seem to squeeze out 20-30 seconds. Any tips to improve my time?
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by LittleMissNyan »

mchoi595 wrote:Will this event become a trial event at 2019 nationals?
Also what average time do people get? I can only seem to squeeze out 20-30 seconds. Any tips to improve my time?
Whoa that's pretty good we only got like 4 seconds and got second somehow
I found this that might have some tips?
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt

Return to “2019 Build Events”