Digital Structures B/C [mini SO, Satellite SO]

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2222
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 395 times
Contact:

Re: Digital Structures B/C [mini SO, Satellite SO]

Post by bernard » October 17th, 2020, 2:30 pm

nocommonsense wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 1:51 pm
Does anyone know what the minimum and and maximum length for the structure we have to build for the competition? Thanks.
There is not a minimum or maximum length for the entire structure but the distance between the Loading Point closest to the Testing Wall and the Testing Wall needs to be at least the distance specified by the Event Supervisor. This value will vary from competition to competition so it is important to look for this value before building.
These users thanked the author bernard for the post (total 2):
CAchungus (October 18th, 2020, 9:51 am) • nocommonsense (October 21st, 2020, 8:55 am)
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

User avatar
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 890
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: WW-P HSN
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: Digital Structures B/C [mini SO, Satellite SO]

Post by sciolyperson1 » October 18th, 2020, 12:01 am

nocommonsense wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 1:51 pm
Does anyone know what the minimum and and maximum length for the structure we have to build for the competition? Thanks.
It varies between competition.
These users thanked the author sciolyperson1 for the post:
nocommonsense (October 21st, 2020, 8:55 am)
WW-P HSN '22, Community '18
'21: Gravity - Boomi - WICI - PPP - Cybersec

BEARSO: Gravity - 1st '21
MIT: Gravity - 1st '20
PUSO: PPP - 1st '20, WIDI -1st '20

Nats:
Team - 3rd '18, '19
Roller - 1st '19
Mystery - 3rd '19
Buggy - 4th '19, 5th '18
Mission - 3rd '17




Rate my tests!

sAkEtH
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: May 5th, 2020, 2:02 pm
Division: C
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Digital Structures B/C [mini SO, Satellite SO]

Post by sAkEtH » October 20th, 2020, 2:38 pm

For future competitions, do we have to purchase our own SkyCiv or will each tournament give a limited time subscription?
These users thanked the author sAkEtH for the post:
sneepity (October 20th, 2020, 4:36 pm)
River Hill High '23, Clarksville '19

User avatar
sneepity
Member
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: February 13th, 2020, 2:35 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: online school
Has thanked: 702 times
Been thanked: 159 times

Re: Digital Structures B/C [mini SO, Satellite SO]

Post by sneepity » October 20th, 2020, 4:39 pm

sAkEtH wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 2:38 pm
For future competitions, do we have to purchase our own SkyCiv or will each tournament give a limited time subscription?
I would think that they would provide it, because SkyCiv is basically (if you know what I mean) like the testing wall in actual boomilever building. If they don't provide it, teams would have to be obligated to purchase their own program, which doesn't seem fair. But yeah, it's like the "test" or the "testing wall" at competition, which the tournament would have to provide.
8-) school is taking up just 13 hours of my day in front of a screen 8-)
my health is improving! NO :lol: -school

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2222
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 395 times
Contact:

Re: Digital Structures B/C [mini SO, Satellite SO]

Post by bernard » October 20th, 2020, 6:13 pm

sneepity wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 4:39 pm
sAkEtH wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 2:38 pm
For future competitions, do we have to purchase our own SkyCiv or will each tournament give a limited time subscription?
I would think that they would provide it, because SkyCiv is basically (if you know what I mean) like the testing wall in actual boomilever building. If they don't provide it, teams would have to be obligated to purchase their own program, which doesn't seem fair. But yeah, it's like the "test" or the "testing wall" at competition, which the tournament would have to provide.
It's both the Boomilever and the Testing Wall. :?:
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

User avatar
sneepity
Member
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: February 13th, 2020, 2:35 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: online school
Has thanked: 702 times
Been thanked: 159 times

Re: Digital Structures B/C [mini SO, Satellite SO]

Post by sneepity » October 22nd, 2020, 4:23 am

bernard wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 6:13 pm
sneepity wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 4:39 pm
sAkEtH wrote:
October 20th, 2020, 2:38 pm
For future competitions, do we have to purchase our own SkyCiv or will each tournament give a limited time subscription?
I would think that they would provide it, because SkyCiv is basically (if you know what I mean) like the testing wall in actual boomilever building. If they don't provide it, teams would have to be obligated to purchase their own program, which doesn't seem fair. But yeah, it's like the "test" or the "testing wall" at competition, which the tournament would have to provide.
It's both the Boomilever and the Testing Wall. :?:
In a sense, I guess they are giving us the boomilever? I think of it as them giving us the boomilever materials, and the competitors building it and testing it. It depends on how you use the materials ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
8-) school is taking up just 13 hours of my day in front of a screen 8-)
my health is improving! NO :lol: -school

Godspeed
Member
Member
Posts: 145
Joined: February 20th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Digital Structures B/C [mini SO, Satellite SO]

Post by Godspeed » November 18th, 2020, 8:26 am

Godspeed wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 11:39 am
xiangyu wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 10:02 am
Godspeed wrote:
October 2nd, 2020, 6:42 pm


Yeah, I've had some very... scary scores (in a good way.) Is it just me or does the contact width line not really effect your score?
Uhhhh lol scary? In what sense? I've been getting normal scores using last year's dimensions.

There was a bug in the system that was fixed which gave participants scores of 100000 + haha.
I've been getting some very very good scores, which is obviously good for me, but sometimes they're just unrealistic, as in the fact that I've gotten over 12,000 once.
Btw It was with 20 cm minimum load distance and 3 cm contact width line dimensions
And it was also during the time that point loads were a thing.
Basically no, it wasn't a glitch, but you can not do it anymore because point loads are no longer a thing.

Post Reply

Return to “Build Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest