- Evidence
- Evidence
- Motive

Ethan (Innocent)
- Evidence that connects him
- Why it is not true

Etc.

Please help
You can. Make sure to be really thorough with the evidence.
Nothing for now...
Keep on going :!:

Tailsfan101
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: ID
Location: Philippians 3:20a "For our citizenship is in heaven"

Re: Crime Busters B

Postby Tailsfan101 » March 28th, 2019, 10:49 am

Can you write the essay in a list format such as:

Jack (Guilty)
- Evidence
- Evidence
- Motive

Ethan (Innocent)
- Why it is not true

Etc.

Please help
Most certainly. This format is the format I usually use to write the analysis, and I find it to be efficient and clean. This is not to say it works for everyone, but it works for me.
2020 Treasure Valley Homeschool Wiki (Division C)
2020 events: DD, GLM, DG, PM
Mini-Inv./DISCO/State/Nats
RS: 1/2/1/-
DD: -/3/2/-
HD: 2/4/4/-
CB: 3/6/1/-
ELG: -/6/-/-
GLM: -/-/-/31
WIDI: -/-/-/24
PTQ: -/-/-/41
Assassinator for games #118 and 136

CPScienceDude
Division: C
State: IN

Postby CPScienceDude » March 28th, 2019, 11:11 am

Jack (Guilty)
- Evidence
- Evidence
- Motive

Ethan (Innocent)
- Why it is not true

Etc.

Please help
I never have. I've always done paragraphs.
CPHS 23'
2020 events: Ornithology, Machines, Gravity Vehicle, and Forensics
Member of the Builder Cult
Assassination 139: Summer Vacation
About me! https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:CPScienceDude

Rivkaaa
Division: B
State: NY

Postby Rivkaaa » March 28th, 2019, 11:21 am

Jack (Guilty)
- Evidence
- Evidence
- Motive

Ethan (Innocent)
- Why it is not true

Etc.

Please help
Paragraphs are harder to analyze if you're grading (as there is a limited amount of time to grade), so bullet points are easier to read off and grade. Plus, it's a lot more organized, so I would personally recommend doing bullet points.
2018 events: Crime Busters, Potions and Poisons, Microbe Mission
2019 events: Crime Busters, Potions and Poisons, Water Quality
Bay Academy

wec01
Division: Grad
State: VA

Postby wec01 » March 28th, 2019, 4:06 pm

Jack (Guilty)
- Evidence
- Evidence
- Motive

Ethan (Innocent)
- Why it is not true

Etc.

Please help
Paragraphs are harder to analyze if you're grading (as there is a limited amount of time to grade), so bullet points are easier to read off and grade. Plus, it's a lot more organized, so I would personally recommend doing bullet points.
Of course it's also a lot faster to write and will save you time. As for grading, the grader is usually just looking for specific pieces of evidence anyways so writing it in paragraphs won't really help you in any way as long as you are conveying the same information in your bullets.
2019 Nationals Medals:
4th place Fossils
5th place Sounds of Music
2nd place Thermodynamics

Rivkaaa

Postby Rivkaaa » March 29th, 2019, 12:25 pm

For anyone who has been to states before and has competed in Crime Busters, how intense were the powders? How many of them were 3-powder mixtures?
Bay Academy

Crimesolver
State: CA

Postby Crimesolver » March 29th, 2019, 12:33 pm

For anyone who has been to states before and has competed in Crime Busters, how intense were the powders? How many of them were 3-powder mixtures?
AHHAHAHA it wasn’t the mixtures, it was the workload. When I went to states, they gave us the maximum amount of powders, probably two mixtures, a decent amount of metals and liquids, flame testing for fibers, density test for plastics, microscope for hairs, and another section for fingerprints and chromatography. And of course, a long ananlysis to accompany this info. It was so rough, even the best teams couldn’t finish. But obviously, this might be different at your state. Just remember to be extremely effcient and be able to trust your partner, because if you have a big work load, you’re not gonna have time to check each other’s answers.
Nothing for now...
Keep on going :!:

Rivkaaa

Postby Rivkaaa » March 29th, 2019, 1:09 pm

AHHAHAHA it wasn’t the mixtures, it was the workload. When I went to states, they gave us the maximum amount of powders, probably two mixtures, a decent amount of metals and liquids, flame testing for fibers, density test for plastics, microscope for hairs, and another section for fingerprints and chromatography. And of course, a long ananlysis to accompany this info. It was so rough, even the best teams couldn’t finish. But obviously, this might be different at your state. Just remember to be extremely effcient and be able to trust your partner, because if you have a big work load, you’re not gonna have time to check each other’s answers.
Thank you! We usually don't check each other's answers, as there is rarely much time left, but we're accustomed to a huge workload, so we'll probably be fine.
Bay Academy

wec01
Division: Grad
State: VA

Postby wec01 » March 29th, 2019, 2:24 pm

Thank you! We usually don't check each other's answers, as there is rarely much time left, but we're accustomed to a huge workload, so we'll probably be fine.
Yeah, I agree. Crime busters and forensics tend to be more about the length of the test than the difficulty of the content so just work fast and try not to dwell on anything.
2019 Nationals Medals:
4th place Fossils
5th place Sounds of Music
2nd place Thermodynamics

Rivkaaa

Postby Rivkaaa » March 30th, 2019, 6:53 am

Yeah, I agree. Crime busters and forensics tend to be more about the length of the test than the difficulty of the content so just work fast and try not to dwell on anything.
Pretty much. We just got used to running around and finishing the whole test (including the analysis) and only then checking over, if we have time after cleaning up. However, if either of us is particularly stuck on something, we ask the other for a quick second to check it out.
Bay Academy

Return to “2019 Lab Events”