Density Lab B

Nba2302
Division: C
State: MN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Density Lab B

Post by Nba2302 »

Can any help me start up my studying(Im new)? What are some useful links? What is a very important thing in I need to know? where do i find density equations? :?:
Kai0721
Division: B
State: WI

Post by Kai0721 »

Nba2302 wrote:Can any help me start up my studying(Im new)? What are some useful links? What is a very important thing in I need to know? where do i find density equations? :?:
I would start with the Scioly wiki page. It has a good base than just add more notes I’m also new to this event but that’s what I do for other note events.
2018-19 Events: Amazing Mechatronic :P , Battery Buggy :D , ELG, :o Density Lab, :)
Galahad
Division: Grad
State: HI

Post by Galahad »

Kai0721 wrote:
Nba2302 wrote:Can any help me start up my studying(Im new)? What are some useful links? What is a very important thing in I need to know? where do i find density equations? :?:
I would start with the Scioly wiki page. It has a good base than just add more notes I’m also new to this event but that’s what I do for other note events.
density is a very... simple? event. the rules are really broad and you can find everything with a quick google search. in your binder, make sure to include a periodic table (and make sure to be able to understand it), all the gas laws, basic thermodynamics conversions, and you'll be alright.

honestly for the nats exam all you really needed to know was d=M/V...

also, nasa has some pretty good practice q's
Finally an alumnus!

Highlands Intermediate School '16-'19
Pearl City High School '19-'22
DMAH '18-'22
UC Irvine '26

https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Galahad
Killboe
State: AR

Post by Killboe »

I used to have this event and it was really hard to study because of the broad rules. But what I would do is start with finding some tests on it and studying the questions and then base your studying off the questions.
Nba2302

Post by Nba2302 »

Killboe wrote:
I used to have this event and it was really hard to study because of the broad rules. But what I would do is start with finding some tests on it and studying the questions and then base your studying off the questions.
Thanks!
Nba2302

Post by Nba2302 »

Whats the best links for Density Lab for studying and notes? :?:
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

Nba2302 wrote:Whats the best links for Density Lab for studying and notes? :?:
Probably the best thing to do would just be to look everything in the rules up on either Wikipedia or your favorite search engine (aka DuckDuckGo)
jaah5211
Division: Grad
State: FL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by jaah5211 »

Nba2302 wrote:Whats the best links for Density Lab for studying and notes? :?:
I would study all the gas laws and maybe the phase diagrams.
Some tests use phase diagrams and ask how the density changes as its position on diagram changes.
someone1580
State: CA

Density Lab B

Post by someone1580 »

It looks like this event is extremely broad and my coaches don't know much about the event. I have studied and done tests on density, buoyant force, concentrations, and gas laws. Is there anything else I should study for the event? And also how would you study for the hands-on task part of things?
MattChina
Division: B
State: NY

Post by MattChina »

someone1580 wrote:It looks like this event is extremely broad and my coaches don't know much about the event. I have studied and done tests on density, buoyant force, concentrations, and gas laws. Is there anything else I should study for the event? And also how would you study for the hands-on task part of things?
The event is very broad and vague, I think thats pretty much what the event is about, uh as for the hands-on maybe just practice measuring things with graduated cylinders, calculating densities of non geometric solids. I dont know though, i haven't competed in this event.
2019 events: Water Quality, Battery Buggy, Elastic Launch Glider, Density Lab, Circuit Lab, Thermodynamics
R.C Murphy Co-Captain
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Team member

Return to “2019 Lab Events”