Game On B

mmeytin

Re: Game On B

Postby mmeytin » February 27th, 2019, 8:30 pm

LittleMissNyan wrote:Would I get in trouble if I posted a link to the games from MD Regionals? They are shared publicly on Scratch.

Since they are shared publicly, I don't think it'll be a problem if you posted the link. It will be helpful to all team as they prepare for their tournaments. I for one would love to see games that have been created.

LittleMissNyan
Division: B
State: MD
Location: faceplanting in the hallway and screaming I'M A BLUEBERRY

Postby LittleMissNyan » February 28th, 2019, 4:33 am

mmeytin wrote:
LittleMissNyan wrote:Would I get in trouble if I posted a link to the games from MD Regionals? They are shared publicly on Scratch.

Since they are shared publicly, I don't think it'll be a problem if you posted the link. It will be helpful to all team as they prepare for their tournaments. I for one would love to see games that have been created.

Well here they are then! Each class member is a team, and the ones that start with Team CodeNinjas are the trial teams since they did it for a trial also.
Also the theme for the actual event was Water Cycle but I don't know about the trial
- Battery Buggy 9/3/5/-
- Game On 7/1/2/-
- Mystery Architecture 4/oof/NA/-
- Aerial Scrambler NA/NA/2/-

National Cathedral School/Oakdale High/Regionals/sTATES
Next Competition: STATES

Member of the Builder Cult probably

trdd
State: -

Postby trdd » March 4th, 2019, 12:01 pm

LittleMissNyan wrote:
mmeytin wrote:

Well here they are then! Each class member is a team, and the ones that start with Team CodeNinjas are the trial teams since they did it for a trial also.
Also the theme for the actual event was Water Cycle but I don't know about the trial

Who was the winning team?

LittleMissNyan
Division: B
State: MD
Location: faceplanting in the hallway and screaming I'M A BLUEBERRY

Postby LittleMissNyan » March 4th, 2019, 1:04 pm

trdd wrote:
LittleMissNyan wrote:
mmeytin wrote:Since they are shared publicly, I don't think it'll be a problem if you posted the link. It will be helpful to all team as they prepare for their tournaments. I for one would love to see games that have been created.

Who was the winning team?

I ddddddddon't exactly remember who got what in the leagues since there were 2 different leagues but Lake Elkhorn, Urbana A, North Bethesda A, Urbana B, and Oakdale got top 5 overall
- Battery Buggy 9/3/5/-
- Game On 7/1/2/-
- Mystery Architecture 4/oof/NA/-
- Aerial Scrambler NA/NA/2/-

National Cathedral School/Oakdale High/Regionals/sTATES
Next Competition: STATES

Member of the Builder Cult probably

sciolynewcomer

Postby sciolynewcomer » Today, 1:32 pm

Hi, how does one provide suggestions to the judging process? I had the following specific comments:

- While judging, the team names (schools) should be masked. The judges should not know who they are scoring. This is good practice in any competition to increase objectivity. Not at all suggesting there is explicit bias anywhere but its just the right thing to do.

- I've observed different judges rank different teams for the same session. I don't know if there is normalization done at the end, but if there isn't, ideally a single judge should be involved in all score sheets to ensure scoring is distributed using the same interpretation of rubrics as well as the same scoring points. The rubrics, for example are open to subjectivity. For example - "Is a game title present" - folks can be given points for "Is the game titled" simply by adding a name for the scratch project, and folks can have points taken away for this same rubric because they did not add an explicit title in the Intro screen by a different judge. Neither interpretation is wrong, but if interpretations are different for the same session, then it is unfair to the kids competing. This also holds true for the very subjective rubrics like "quality of backgrounds". One judge may give a 2 and another a 4 for the same background.

Thanks

Return to “Lab Events”