Duct Tape Challenge B/C [NY TRIAL]

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1964
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Duct Tape Challenge B/C [NY TRIAL]

Postby bernard » February 12th, 2019, 10:10 am

Duct Tape Challenge is a trial event for Division B and C in New York for the 2019 season.
Attachments
Duct-Tape-Challenge-2018.pdf
These rules are for New York competitors. If your state is also running this event, rules may differ.
(77.81 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

ziqingliu
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: September 23rd, 2017, 11:05 am
Division: B
State: NY
Location: NY

Re: Duct Tape Challenge B/C [NY TRIAL]

Postby ziqingliu » February 12th, 2019, 12:39 pm

Does anyone have any practice prompts for duct tape?

User avatar
JoeyC
Member
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: November 7th, 2017, 1:43 pm
Division: C
State: TX

Re: Duct Tape Challenge B/C [NY TRIAL]

Postby JoeyC » February 12th, 2019, 3:14 pm

If only this was in Texas.... Make a duct tape bridge using string and popsicle sticks. Span 10 inches. Hold as much as possible.
Ohayo!
Past (Main) Events
Dynamic Planet Fast Facts, Thermodynamics, Green Generation

Current Events
Dynamic Planet Protein Modeling, Thermodynamics, More to (hopefully) come!

Away for the Summer! (see ya)

ziqingliu
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: September 23rd, 2017, 11:05 am
Division: B
State: NY
Location: NY

Re: Duct Tape Challenge B/C [NY TRIAL]

Postby ziqingliu » February 12th, 2019, 6:38 pm

JoeyC wrote:If only this was in Texas.... Make a duct tape bridge using string and popsicle sticks. Span 10 inches. Hold as much as possible.

thanks

Hartman
Member
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: November 9th, 2017, 7:07 pm
State: -

Re: Duct Tape Challenge B/C [NY TRIAL]

Postby Hartman » March 9th, 2019, 1:49 pm

If only we had duct tape in Mystery Architecture. But nooo. we get the crappy scotch tape

ziqingliu
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: September 23rd, 2017, 11:05 am
Division: B
State: NY
Location: NY

Re: Duct Tape Challenge B/C [NY TRIAL]

Postby ziqingliu » March 10th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Hartman wrote:If only we had duct tape in Mystery Architecture. But nooo. we get the crappy scotch tape

We had duct tape for LISO but weight was the primary dimension of the bridge so it might not always be a good thing......

User avatar
builderguy135
Member
Member
Posts: 405
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 12:24 pm
Division: B
State: NJ

Re: Duct Tape Challenge B/C [NY TRIAL]

Postby builderguy135 » March 19th, 2019, 5:13 pm

ziqingliu wrote:
Hartman wrote:If only we had duct tape in Mystery Architecture. But nooo. we get the crappy scotch tape

We had duct tape for LISO but weight was the primary dimension of the bridge so it might not always be a good thing......


First place was ~3 grams iirc. We used 1 full popsicle stick and barely elevated each side just to get it off the ground.
Community 2016-2019 & DMAH Co-Captain ;)
Follow us! https://www.instagram.com/dmahscio/
2019 Events
LISO/Rustin/Rgs/Garnet/Cornell/Sts/Nats
Roller: 1/2/1/10/4/1/1
ELG: 1/1/x/1/1/1/2
MysArc: 1/8/20/1/8/9/3
Road: 1/5/2/3/1/1/4
BB: x/1/x/x/6/1/4
Game: 1/-
Para: x/6/x/1/4/x/11
Duct: x/13/x/4/-

IsabellaC92343
Member
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: November 8th, 2018, 3:03 pm
Division: B
State: NY

Re: Duct Tape Challenge B/C [NY TRIAL]

Postby IsabellaC92343 » March 28th, 2019, 1:38 pm

builderguy135 wrote:
ziqingliu wrote:
Hartman wrote:If only we had duct tape in Mystery Architecture. But nooo. we get the crappy scotch tape

We had duct tape for LISO but weight was the primary dimension of the bridge so it might not always be a good thing......


First place was ~3 grams iirc. We used 1 full popsicle stick and barely elevated each side just to get it off the ground.


God Skills :0


Return to “Lab Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests