Homeschool Science Colorado since August 2008
xiangyu
Division: Grad
State: MI
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Write It CAD It [mini SO, Satellite SO]

Post by xiangyu »

Hi everyone,

I was looking online for WICI practice models and thought it would be a great idea to start a spreadsheet that keeps track of all the available WICI models out there. I also gave everyone editing privileges so people can add to the sheet with their own models if they ever get bored. The sheet is empty right now but I hope to be adding links to models soon. If others want to help, that would be great as well!

Here's the link to the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Xiangyu
These users thanked the author xiangyu for the post:
CookiePie1 (February 6th, 2021, 5:31 pm)
Medal & Ribbon Count: 33
Former EGRHS Team Captain 2017-2021
https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Xiangyu
llmurley
Division: B
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by llmurley »

Hello, wondering if anyone has any wici practice exercises for tinker cad......... div b and c
pepperonipi
Division: C
State: FL
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pepperonipi »

Check out some of the test sets on this wiki page: https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/2021_Test_Exchange

Thanks to many fabulous wiki editors, the page has been added with some released full test sets from tournaments this season!
happy new season!

University of Florida
My Wiki Page | WikiProject SciOly and Scioly.org | Pi-Bot

2019: Code, Fermi, Thermo
2020: Detector, Orni, Code (Substitution: Penn)
2021: Detector, Orni, Circuit, WICI
hscmom
Coach
Coach
State: CO

Post by hscmom »

Hey WICI'ers. In Scilympiad WICI events, what is the most streamlined and least error-prone method of sending instructions from writer to CADer and sharing model links (we're using TinkerCAD) from CADer to the event supervisor?

One suggestion was to use the "short answer" box on the writer's test to enter the build instructions (copying and pasting into an email to the CADer) and for the CADer to paste a link to the finished build in the doer test answer box (both tests have one question).

Thanks
amk578
State: IN

Post by amk578 »

hscmom wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 5:07 pm Hey WICI'ers. In Scilympiad WICI events, what is the most streamlined and least error-prone method of sending instructions from writer to CADer and sharing model links (we're using TinkerCAD) from CADer to the event supervisor?

One suggestion was to use the "short answer" box on the writer's test to enter the build instructions (copying and pasting into an email to the CADer) and for the CADer to paste a link to the finished build in the doer test answer box (both tests have one question).

Thanks
Could be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that Scilympiad does not allow copying/pasting into the testing window.
2018 - Anatomy, Crime Busters, & Road
2019 - Anatomy, Disease, Heredity, & Road
2020 - Anatomy, DGenes, Disease, Forensics, Ping Pong Parachute, & Protein Modeling
2021 - Anatomy, Chem Lab, DGenes, Disease, Machines, & Protein Modeling
hscmom
Coach
Coach
State: CO

Post by hscmom »

Thanks. That's what I thought, too. However, not long ago I saw a test online, saved from Scilympiad, where students were instructed to paste... But, of course, that doesn't mean it worked. It could well be that the poor event supervisor spent the testing hour chatting with participants about how to submit and share.
meierfra
Coach
Coach
State: MI

Post by meierfra »

hscmom wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 7:48 pm Thanks. That's what I thought, too. However, not long ago I saw a test online, saved from Scilympiad, where students were instructed to paste... But, of course, that doesn't mean it worked. It could well be that the poor event supervisor spent the testing hour chatting with participants about how to submit and share.
Pasting is disabled in Scilympiad. The students had to type the URL in by hand. That is error prone.

If the Writer writes into the short answer box, Scilympiad automatically sends the directions to the CADer's test, but ONLY if the Writers click outside the text box to save it. They should do that periodically during the test and again before they submit. You have to stress it to the Writers before the test in the Event Modifications page and in the directions.
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by sciolyperson1 »

Hi all!

We're running Write It CAD It for this month's SMEC! To learn more, head over to our forums thread and register at the google form here!
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage

Return to “2021 Lab Events”