Anatomy and Physiology B/C

pikachu4919
Division: Grad
State: IN

Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Postby pikachu4919 » July 15th, 2018, 3:04 pm

Anatomy and Physiology B/C: Understand the anatomy and physiology of the human body systems: cardiovascular, lymphatic and excretory.

Anatomy & Physiology Wiki

Anatomy & Physiology Test Exchange 2018

Past Threads: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Past Question Marathons: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BiolE '20
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

Not throwin' away my shot!
MY CABBAGES!

Purdue WL SciOly Exec Board
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~scienceo/index.html
https://www.facebook.com/purduescioly

pikachu4919's Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

bearasauras
State: CA

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Postby bearasauras » September 17th, 2018, 2:58 pm

akanksha14
Division: B
State: TX

Postby akanksha14 » September 18th, 2018, 6:23 pm

Thanks for the clarification! I was startled when I saw that.. :)

jlordhe
Division: C

Postby jlordhe » September 22nd, 2018, 10:13 pm

Is Anatomy a permanent event(one that does not rotate)?
Events I Might Do and Want to Do: Fossils, Wright Stuff, Herpetology, Water Quality, Boomilever

JoeyC
State: TX

Postby JoeyC » September 23rd, 2018, 5:28 am

Yes, but the topics will switch every year.
Plus, do you know Unome?
Ohayo!
Past (Main) Events
Dynamic Planet Fast Facts, Thermodynamics, Green Generation

Current Events
Dynamic Planet Protein Modeling, Thermodynamics, More to (hopefully) come!

huppada
State: FL

Postby huppada » October 10th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Does anyone know when the handouts on soinc.org will be out?
Orlando Science Schools '20
2019 Events: Anatomy & Physiology, Disease Detectives, Protein Modeling

bearasauras

Postby bearasauras » October 10th, 2018, 11:43 pm

Which handout are you referring to?

venules
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NC

Postby venules » October 11th, 2018, 5:47 am

huppada wrote:Does anyone know when the handouts on soinc.org will be out?

If you're referring to the training handouts, I'm not sure when those are released, but there's already a handout for the cardiovascular system from 2015.

Raphael

Postby Raphael » October 17th, 2018, 5:14 am

jlordhe wrote:Is Anatomy a permanent event(one that does not rotate)?

I am Pretty Sure It is permanent event as all the science Olympiad years it still has been the same but the topics inside it does change like this year its the lymphatic, excretory and vascular system. But last year it was way different! ;)

linzhiyan
State: MO

Postby linzhiyan » October 22nd, 2018, 3:13 pm

Is it more beneficial to have words or pictures on the cheat sheet? Last year, one of my teammates had a lot of pictures, but in order to fit pictures, they had to make it super small and it was basically impossible to read most of the information. Would words be a more efficient way to make the cheat sheet? (Words, as in words words, not Microsoft Words...)
Unpunctual (and failed) Sassy of game #130...

Anomaly
State: PA

Postby Anomaly » October 22nd, 2018, 3:14 pm

linzhiyan wrote:Is it more beneficial to have words or pictures on the cheat sheet? Last year, one of my teammates had a lot of pictures, but in order to fit pictures, they had to make it super small and it was basically impossible to read most of the information. Would words be a more efficient way to make the cheat sheet? (Words, as in words words, not Microsoft Words...)

I always use a mixture of both, maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of one side will have pictures, the rest being words
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018 (Student Coach 2019), Parkland HS SO 2019
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 24
Regional: 14
State: 5
Events:
Anatomy and Physiology, Disease Detectives, Codebusters, Write It Do It

#livingalifeofdepression

defiantkiwi

Postby defiantkiwi » October 23rd, 2018, 7:36 pm

Hi everyone
I am new to Science Olympiad and the forums, so I don't really know how this works.

I have just gotten selected for Anatomy and Physiology B.

I am a bit confused on where to start, since there is so much information I need to cover.

Where should I be starting? What should I start working on first?

Also, how should I organize the information on the cheat paper? What is the most important information in general that should be included?

Thank you so much!

Anomaly
State: PA

Postby Anomaly » October 24th, 2018, 7:15 am

defiantkiwi wrote:Hi everyone
I am new to Science Olympiad and the forums, so I don't really know how this works.

I am a bit confused on where to start, since there is so much information I need to cover.

Also, how should I organize the information on the cheat paper? What is the most important information in general that should be included?

Thank you so much!

If you haven't yet, I'd suggest looking at the rulebook. It has all the topics that the test is supposed to cover. For information, a good place to start is the training handout for each of the systems. The training handouts for this year aren't out yet, but the old ones I believe are on soinc.org.

In regards to the cheat sheet, I make sure that there's a mixture of both pictures and words. Approximately 3/4 of one side of my notesheet will have pictures, the rest will be words. Like making any other notesheet, you want to have the smallest font you can possibly read, with almost nonexistent margins. Put down any information that you're bound to not remember. The cheat sheet is NOT a place that you can simply put anything and everything; for competitions, especially higher level competitions, you'll be pressed for time completing the exam, and it would be beneficial to know a lot of information of the top of your head instead of searching around the notesheet and finding the information.
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018 (Student Coach 2019), Parkland HS SO 2019
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 24
Regional: 14
State: 5
Events:
Anatomy and Physiology, Disease Detectives, Codebusters, Write It Do It

#livingalifeofdepression

cbrant554

Postby cbrant554 » October 28th, 2018, 3:15 pm

Anomaly wrote:

Thank you so much!

If you haven't yet, I'd suggest looking at the rulebook. It has all the topics that the test is supposed to cover. For information, a good place to start is the training handout for each of the systems. The training handouts for this year aren't out yet, but the old ones I believe are on soinc.org.
I learned a lot of what I'm doing from this year from experience last year. I recommend that you look over some tests to see what you need to know for the event.

In regards to the cheat sheet, I make sure that there's a mixture of both pictures and words. Approximately 3/4 of one side of my notesheet will have pictures, the rest will be words. Like making any other notesheet, you want to have the smallest font you can possibly read, with almost nonexistent margins. Put down any information that you're bound to not remember. The cheat sheet is NOT a place that you can simply put anything and everything; for competitions, especially higher level competitions, you'll be pressed for time completing the exam, and it would be beneficial to know a lot of information of the top of your head instead of searching around the notesheet and finding the information.

cbrant554

Postby cbrant554 » October 28th, 2018, 3:17 pm

cbrant554 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Thank you so much!

I learned most of what I need to study and know from doing tests that people have done so look through the tests that were done a couple of years ago. Do the same categories that are being tested this year

Return to “Study Events”