Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Re: Herpetology B/C

Post by Froggie »

Unome wrote:
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
BennyTheJett wrote:
Refering to the binders? That's 2 inches.
No, the four-inch law for pet turtles. Also has to do with red-eared sliders.
Ha, I still remembered what this was just from the name :P
Next article: How the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles inadvertently caused a salmonella outbreak
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

Unome wrote:
BennyTheJett wrote:
Refering to the binders? That's 2 inches.
No, the four-inch law for pet turtles. Also has to do with red-eared sliders.
Ha, I still remembered what this was just from the name :P
Ha, I didn't even learn about it while doing this event. I learned about it in Disease.
FranklinHung
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by FranklinHung »

Hey guys,

I have a general question. When we are asked to write genus, family, class order, phylm etc. Is there a specific way to write the name? I know genus is uppercase 1st letter and underlined. What do I do for family, class, order, phylum?
Thanks
Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Froggie »

FranklinHung wrote:Hey guys,

I have a general question. When we are asked to write genus, family, class order, phylm etc. Is there a specific way to write the name? I know genus is uppercase 1st letter and underlined. What do I do for family, class, order, phylum?
Thanks
I just capitalize everything.
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie
bufforpington416

Post by bufforpington416 »

I have a question for y'all. So in the rules it says you can bring one official list, and in the past 2 or 3 invitationals I've gone to they've said "Okay so before we begin you are allowed to take out your list". But also in the rules it says you can bring any info from any source, so do you guys know if you'd be able to bring two lists but just keep one in the binder as part of your notes? That's what my partner and I did at one invi. and it went well. But now that I think about it I'm not sure if it's allowed...
axolotl
Division: Grad
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by axolotl »

bufforpington416 wrote:I have a question for y'all. So in the rules it says you can bring one official list, and in the past 2 or 3 invitationals I've gone to they've said "Okay so before we begin you are allowed to take out your list". But also in the rules it says you can bring any info from any source, so do you guys know if you'd be able to bring two lists but just keep one in the binder as part of your notes? That's what my partner and I did at one invi. and it went well. But now that I think about it I'm not sure if it's allowed...
I honestly don't think it matters that much since essentially anything is fair game to put inside your binder. The "one" list just specifies that you can only have one list outside of your binder rings. I've never had a problem with bringing multiple as long as there was only one distinctly separate from the binder, has anyone had issues with this? Seems kind of nitpicky tbh
MHS ‘20, Pitt '24
axolotl's User page
Pastaman202
State: IL

Post by Pastaman202 »

bufforpington416 wrote:I have a question for y'all. So in the rules it says you can bring one official list, and in the past 2 or 3 invitationals I've gone to they've said "Okay so before we begin you are allowed to take out your list". But also in the rules it says you can bring any info from any source, so do you guys know if you'd be able to bring two lists but just keep one in the binder as part of your notes? That's what my partner and I did at one invi. and it went well. But now that I think about it I'm not sure if it's allowed...
Honestly I doubt any proctor will care to look through your binder for 2 lists, unless you annoyed them and they are just being really petty.
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by BennyTheJett »

Pastaman202 wrote:
Honestly I doubt any proctor will care to look through your binder for 2 lists, unless you annoyed them and they are just being really petty.
That said I wouldn't bring 2 lists into nats. It'd suck to get DQed.
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

BennyTheJett wrote:
Pastaman202 wrote:
I highly doubt they'd DQ you for bring 2 lists. At most I think, they'd probably just tell you you couldn't keep one of them.
wec01
State: VA

Post by wec01 »

BennyTheJett wrote:
Pastaman202 wrote:
I highly doubt they'd DQ you for bring 2 lists. At most I think, they'd probably just tell you you couldn't keep one of them.
I agree; if you're worried just ask them if they're okay with it when they check your binder.
2019 Division C Nationals Medals:
4th place Fossils
5th place Sounds of Music
2nd place Thermodynamics

Return to “2019 Study Events”