Division: C
State: PA

Re: Water Quality B/C

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

jlordhe wrote:
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
jlordhe wrote:
You didn't answer my question
I suppose testing the salinity of freshwater can be occasionally useful. In practice, freshwater will not always have no salt content (as far as I know).
According to the very reliable source called Google, freshwater has no salt, but also apparently has little concentrations of dissolved salt. I'm extremely confused now :?
(Note that most of the time, Google isn't a source in and of itself.)
jlordhe
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jlordhe »

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
jlordhe wrote:
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote: I suppose testing the salinity of freshwater can be occasionally useful. In practice, freshwater will not always have no salt content (as far as I know).
According to the very reliable source called Google, freshwater has no salt, but also apparently has little concentrations of dissolved salt. I'm extremely confused now :?
(Note that most of the time, Google isn't a source in and of itself.)
That me requote that: According to http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Freshwater...
Events I Might Do and Want to Do: Fossils, Wright Stuff, Herpetology, Water Quality, Boomilever
izzanom
State: NC

Post by izzanom »

How would you guys suggest studying the list organisms? Do you try to put them on your cheatsheet or just memorize everything?
zark.masood

Post by zark.masood »

how do you study for part two? part one I believe i'm pretty prepared for but i have no idea what to do for part two. please help
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

izzanom wrote:How would you guys suggest studying the list organisms? Do you try to put them on your cheatsheet or just memorize everything?
I'd suggest having info about them on the sheet and then committing the pictures to memory, but if there's enough space on the sheet, you should definitely add whatever helps.
zark.masood wrote:how do you study for part two? part one I believe i'm pretty prepared for but i have no idea what to do for part two. please help
Basically, look up everything listed in the rules for each organism. Make a table or something. Add pictures and such and remove them when you feel you don't need them.
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

zark.masood wrote:how do you study for part two? part one I believe i'm pretty prepared for but i have no idea what to do for part two. please help
Part II can basically be treated like any other ID event (such as Herpetology). Learn how to identify the organisms and learn relevant information about them.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
kate!
State: NY

Post by kate! »

If you're in Div B, I'd definitely suggest making a table with the names of the organism and their significance in aquatic ecology.
If you're in Div C, make a table as well, but include more relevant and specific information to each organism.
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I knew stuff about birds and fossils!
MattChina
Division: B

Post by MattChina »

kate! wrote:
If you're in Div B, I'd definitely suggest making a table with the names of the organism and their significance in aquatic ecology.
If you're in Div C, make a table as well, but include more relevant and specific information to each organism.
I think it would be better just to memorize each organism by looking at pictures.
2019 events: Water Quality, Battery Buggy, Elastic Launch Glider, Density Lab, Circuit Lab, Thermodynamics
R.C Murphy Co-Captain
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Team member
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

MattChina wrote:
kate! wrote:
I think it would be better just to memorize each organism by looking at pictures.
You need more information than just what it looks like though.
kate!

Post by kate! »

Do we need any information about nutrient cycling other than the diagrams for the carbon, nitrogen, and phosphorus cycles?
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I knew stuff about birds and fossils!

Return to “2019 Study Events”