Dynamic Planet B/C

Umaroth
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Kraemer Room 504, Troy Room 901, or studying at my dining table

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby Umaroth » June 12th, 2019, 8:43 pm

The same ES is doing Oceano? I felt he didn’t cover all of the topics this year in the rules(at nats), which was disappointing considering some of the math and topics I studied(admittedly Isostasy wasn’t hard). I guess some of the questions he asked were kind of cool application but still....at least cover most of the topics. Well hopefully he writes a more encompassing test next year. Excited to reopen my Oceanography cheatsheet!
idk but LiteralRhinoceros is probably talking about the division B ES, not C.
Oops didn’t think of that. I heard the Div B ES wrote a great test this year....
I, as well as many others, thought it was a really great test, although one person on the events discussion thread seemed to have found it a bit short for their liking.
Proud Padre of Kraemer SciOly
Kraemer SciOly Co-Captain 2018-2019
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-2019
Kraemer SciOly Semi-Official Head Coach 2019-2020
2020 Tryouts: Circuit, Code, Detector, DP, GeoMaps, Machines

Umaroth's Userpage

SentientJello

Postby SentientJello » June 12th, 2019, 9:15 pm

I’m a little confused, is next year’s topic Oceanography?Does anyone actually know, or is this idea all rumors? Oceanography would be awesome....glaciers aren’t the most exciting thing out there(Don’t get me wrong, I love glaciers, but Oceanography is sooo much fun)
yes it is, i reached out to the ES this year
he says he will be doing oceano at NC next year
The same ES is doing Oceano? I felt he didn’t cover all of the topics this year in the rules(at nats), which was disappointing considering some of the math and topics I studied(admittedly Isostasy wasn’t hard). I guess some of the questions he asked were kind of cool application but still....at least cover most of the topics. Well hopefully he writes a more encompassing test next year. Excited to reopen my Oceanography cheatsheet!
Is it essentially confirmed that it'll be Oceanography next year, or are there other viable possibilities?
Current Div C Competitor, Former OVMS Competitor
2016/2019/2020: Astronomy/Reach for the Stars, Dynamic Planet, Fossils
2018: Astronomy, Dynamic Planet, Fermi Questions
2017: Dynamic Planet, Reach for the Stars, Rocks and Minerals
SONT 2017 SoCal Div B Competitor

Umaroth
Location: Kraemer Room 504, Troy Room 901, or studying at my dining table

Postby Umaroth » June 12th, 2019, 11:24 pm

yes it is, i reached out to the ES this year
he says he will be doing oceano at NC next year
Is it essentially confirmed that it'll be Oceanography next year, or are there other viable possibilities?
The ES pretty much confirmed it. I doubt that it will change between now and SOSI since they've been planning the switch for a while now and the ES at nats said that it would be changing.
Proud Padre of Kraemer SciOly
Kraemer SciOly Co-Captain 2018-2019
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-2019
Kraemer SciOly Semi-Official Head Coach 2019-2020
2020 Tryouts: Circuit, Code, Detector, DP, GeoMaps, Machines

Umaroth's Userpage

BennyTheJett
State: WI

Postby BennyTheJett » June 14th, 2019, 2:06 pm

Are nats supervisors supposed to leak information like events cycling? How does he even know?
Menomonie Science Olympiad
2020 Events: Astronomy,Water Quality,DyPlan, Geologic Mapping, Fossils
BennyTheJett's Userpage

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Postby Unome » June 14th, 2019, 5:45 pm

Are nats supervisors supposed to leak information like events cycling? How does he even know?
It's just kind of known.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

PioBoy
State: MI

Postby PioBoy » June 15th, 2019, 1:16 pm

I mean most schools don’t start scioly prep until event rules come out. I don’t think it matters too much that ES “leak” info. Also “he”(I’m assuming LiteralRhinocerous) said that he reached out to the ES about next year.

Return to “2019 Study Events”