Solar System B

dntf88
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Solar System B

Post by dntf88 »

AwersomeUser wrote:
dntf88 wrote:Has anyone purchase the CD/DVD that SO sells on its website? Is the material on that disk sufficient and relevant/updated for this year's specific areas to cover anything that will be tested?
I asked the same exact question a while ago but apparently no one here have brought one before. According to the website the CD is updated but I don't think it has all the information you will need as it is a CD for multiple events.
I asked this because I don’t know if I have the right CD content for this year as it does not have material specifically for this year's specific topics which is odd.
AwersomeUser
Division: B

Post by AwersomeUser »

dntf88 wrote:
AwersomeUser wrote:
dntf88 wrote:Has anyone purchase the CD/DVD that SO sells on its website? Is the material on that disk sufficient and relevant/updated for this year's specific areas to cover anything that will be tested?
I asked the same exact question a while ago but apparently no one here have brought one before. According to the website the CD is updated but I don't think it has all the information you will need as it is a CD for multiple events.
I asked this because I don’t know if I have the right CD content for this year as it does not have material specifically for this year's specific topics which is odd.
Wait really? Which CD do you have?
2018-2019: Fossils, Solar System, Sci Quiz Bowl (Trial)
2019-2020: Circuit Lab, Machines, Mission (Im)possible, Reach For The Stars
2020-2021: Anatomy & Physilogy (if no conflicts) Astronomy, Enviromental Chemistry, Machines <-- I want to do these...
dntf88

Post by dntf88 »

AwersomeUser wrote:
dntf88 wrote:
AwersomeUser wrote: I asked the same exact question a while ago but apparently no one here have brought one before. According to the website the CD is updated but I don't think it has all the information you will need as it is a CD for multiple events.
Wait really? Which CD do you have?
I don't know - I was given a bunch of files that were supposedly from the CD but I doubt they are from this year's based on the material that I got since they don't address this year's topics. I was hoping someone could confirm that is the case.
AwersomeUser

Post by AwersomeUser »

Hi! What is the difference between albedo, absolute magnitude or aparent magnitude ? Do you think I need to know these? Also, what’s the difference between Image

And

?

Why do they get different names once we switch the sides?
2020-2021: Anatomy & Physilogy (if no conflicts) Astronomy, Enviromental Chemistry, Machines <-- I want to do these...
AwersomeUser

Post by AwersomeUser »

Hi again! What should I put in my cheat sheet? Help!!
Killboe
State: AR

Post by Killboe »

AwersomeUser wrote:Hi again! What should I put in my cheat sheet? Help!!

It's February and you still don't have a cheat? Aren't you the guy in Community? Put information on ALL (I repeat, ALL) celestial bodies in the rule sheet, regarding atmosphere composition, distance from Earth, orbital period, perihelion, aphelion, interior composition, things regarding their names (this is weird but it shows up in tests frequently weirdly), eccentricity, mass, and fun facts. Also be sure to include an image of a labeled moon, aswell as Kepler's Laws, information regarding Trojans, all space missions in the rules (their launch date is a question that shows up frequently in tests), also sorry for the run on sentence but include moon tides. Also include basic vocab in case you forget..

Good luck.
AwersomeUser

Post by AwersomeUser »

Killboe wrote:

It's February and you still don't have a cheat? Aren't you the guy in Community? Put information on ALL (I repeat, ALL) celestial bodies in the rule sheet, regarding atmosphere composition, distance from Earth, orbital period, perihelion, aphelion, interior composition, things regarding their names (this is weird but it shows up in tests frequently weirdly), eccentricity, mass, and fun facts. Also be sure to include an image of a labeled moon, aswell as Kepler's Laws, information regarding Trojans, all space missions in the rules (their launch date is a question that shows up frequently in tests), also sorry for the run on sentence but include moon tides. Also include basic vocab in case you forget..

Good luck.
Ok thanks a lot! Should i know the albedo or absolute magnitude or apparent magnitude (i still can’t reallly tell the difference) or the diameter and mass and surface features? What kind of fun facts do you mean? Is it like a 11yr old girl call I forgot her name I think it is Burney suggested the name Pluto that kind of stuff?
PotatoBoi

Post by PotatoBoi »

Killboe wrote:

Good luck.
Where did you get the information that he/she is from Community?
LiteralRhinoceros
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by LiteralRhinoceros »

I believe Killboe mixed me up with AwesomeUser. I had previously confirmed I am from Community on the question marathon.
Dank Memes Area Homeschool 2017-2019

Community MS '19
WW-P HS North '23

Events: DyPlan, GeoMapping, Astro

Userpage
JessRose

Post by JessRose »

Do the tests generally have information that wasn't included in the Science Olympiad Spreadsheets?

Return to “2019 Study Events”