Anatomy and Physiology B/C

ndkuma01

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by ndkuma01 »

This is pretty random, but is there any way to predict what the next school year's systems are going to be for anatomy?
Tailsfan101
Division: Grad
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

ndkuma01 wrote: January 26th, 2021, 4:47 pm This is pretty random, but is there any way to predict what the next school year's systems are going to be for anatomy?
Not with complete confidence. The last time skeletal, muscular, and integumentary were run before this year and last year was 2016, after which followed nervous, sense organs, and endocrine (Source: A&P Wiki page). That would be my guess, but we can't know for sure.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
sneepity
Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by sneepity »

Tailsfan101 wrote: January 27th, 2021, 11:03 am
ndkuma01 wrote: January 26th, 2021, 4:47 pm This is pretty random, but is there any way to predict what the next school year's systems are going to be for anatomy?
Not with complete confidence. The last time skeletal, muscular, and integumentary were run before this year and last year was 2016, after which followed nervous, sense organs, and endocrine (Source: A&P Wiki page). That would be my guess, but we can't know for sure.
That's what I thought so too, or it's probably systems that haven't been rotated in for a while. Not sure which ones though.
B)
ScienceOlympiadSnail
Division: B
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What is the most asked subject in Muscular System?

Post by ScienceOlympiadSnail »

Hey, I've been doing science olympiad for two years know, last year and this year. Thankfully I got placed back in Anatomy this year, but this year we have different competitions, more competitive ones, and I can't find any recourses to help me... Here are the next invitationals I'm doing this year:

Slinger, Wisconsin, Jan 30

Ottawa, Feb 13.

U of M- Feb 20th

All of these are online, so they haven't released any past tests from years before, ( U of M has though) Has anyone done these tests to know the difficulty? BTW, I'm in division B
ndkuma01

Re: What is the most asked subject in Muscular System?

Post by ndkuma01 »

ScienceOlympiadSnail wrote: January 27th, 2021, 6:39 pm Hey, I've been doing science olympiad for two years know, last year and this year. Thankfully I got placed back in Anatomy this year, but this year we have different competitions, more competitive ones, and I can't find any recourses to help me... Here are the next invitationals I'm doing this year:

Slinger, Wisconsin, Jan 30

Ottawa, Feb 13.

U of M- Feb 20th

All of these are online, so they haven't released any past tests from years before, ( U of M has though) Has anyone done these tests to know the difficulty? BTW, I'm in division B
I, personally, haven't gone to any of these invitationals but for division B a good resource to grind is Kenneth Saladin's Human Anatomy book.
These users thanked the author ndkuma01 for the post:
sneepity (February 3rd, 2021, 7:18 am)
sneepity

Post by sneepity »

^^^^ And Martini and Tortora is great too. I recommend Martini if you're new but still want good information, and most basic stuff you have to know should be in it. Tortora is good for a good read, but it can have info that you didn't find in other textbooks too.
B)
donutsandcupcakes

Post by donutsandcupcakes »

Hey guys!

I have participated in anatomy for 2 years now, this is my 3rd. But the last 2 yrs I was in division B. And so, I know that competition is going to be tough this year since it's the same topic as last year, but do you guys have any advice on how I can catch up to other Division C participants that did this event last year?
These users thanked the author donutsandcupcakes for the post:
sneepity (February 9th, 2021, 6:00 am)
sneepity

Post by sneepity »

donutsandcupcakes wrote: February 8th, 2021, 6:48 pm Hey guys!

I have participated in anatomy for 2 years now, this is my 3rd. But the last 2 yrs I was in division B. And so, I know that competition is going to be tough this year since it's the same topic as last year, but do you guys have any advice on how I can catch up to other Division C participants that did this event last year?
To be fair, if you practiced in division B using pretty hard tests/learned hard topics, you should be fine! There's really no "catching up", it's all just how far you want to go with individually studying. but I'd still suggest reading different anatomy textbooks, so you can get a good idea of the topics (i think there were some names of tbs thrown around before). also, practice using hard division c tests-i think most of the invitationals this year have released their tests too. that should give you a good idea of what you have to know for this year :o)
another thing- don't be scared to use wikipedia, it has very detailed info. there's many mods and dedicated editors, just like on the wiki here, to make sure no one is writing inaccurate info, and honestly, who would want to edit a page of anat and phys to something else? chances are, they won't even find it without having to specifically google the exact topic.
finally, try to use the online cadaver lab question things. i think there's one linked in the skeletal or muscular systems wiki page, but it had helped me before.
hopefully i helped a bit! sorry for any typos. let me know how the practice goes.
These users thanked the author sneepity for the post:
donutsandcupcakes (February 11th, 2021, 6:20 pm)
B)
MorningCoffee
State: PA

Post by MorningCoffee »

Like sneepity said, there's really no catching up, as long as you've studied pretty well. One trick I use to find tests on Google is by searching "site:edu [insert topic here] exam" In the brackets just type whichever system you want. It should pull up some sites with exams from colleges. Some of the stuff may not be on the rules, and some may not have answers, but regardless, it is an awesome way to study if you need more material!
These users thanked the author MorningCoffee for the post (total 2):
sneepity (February 9th, 2021, 6:14 am) • donutsandcupcakes (February 11th, 2021, 6:20 pm)
Events 2023-2024:
uhh we'll find out let me apply to college first

orch dork forever
hot chocolate is best drink c:
donutsandcupcakes

Post by donutsandcupcakes »

MorningCoffee wrote: February 9th, 2021, 6:09 am

Like sneepity said, there's really no catching up, as long as you've studied pretty well. One trick I use to find tests on Google is by searching "site:edu [insert topic here] exam" In the brackets just type whichever system you want. It should pull up some sites with exams from colleges. Some of the stuff may not be on the rules, and some may not have answers, but regardless, it is an awesome way to study if you need more material!
Thank You guys for the feedback, everyone who responded really helped me out. I just realized that I never typed up a thank you response :shock: Sorry abt that.

I have another question :geek: haha I read a book and it said that scoliosis commonly occurs in the thoracic region and can also occur in the cervical region. I took a practice test today, and the answer key on that test said that the most common area for scoliosis is the lumbar region. So can somebody please tell me which one of the two it is? I looked it up and tried to research it but didn't find a clear and credential resource. SO please let me know if you guys know anything about this. Thank you!!!

Return to “2021 Study Events”