Items to impound

ms74coach

Items to impound

Postby ms74coach » February 28th, 2019, 7:04 pm

Hi Forum, besides impounding the roller coaster and the vehicle sphere, do you need to impound spare parts, tools, and data/ notes? I can't tell if that's an optional or requirement based on the manual and the checklist. In the checklist, 2a states "One Roller Coaster (a track that guides a ball/sphere), at least one ball/sphere, tools, spare parts, and data/notes are impounded before the start of the competition" If a team does not impound data/ notes, then its considered a "No." When you input a "N" for no on the roller coaster score sheet for 1. Rollercoaster impound you get tier 3. Any thoughts? TIA

cbrant554
Division: C
State: IN

Re: Items to impound

Postby cbrant554 » March 1st, 2019, 5:33 am

Hi Forum, besides impounding the roller coaster and the vehicle sphere, do you need to impound spare parts, tools, and data/ notes? I can't tell if that's an optional or requirement based on the manual and the checklist. In the checklist, 2a states "One Roller Coaster (a track that guides a ball/sphere), at least one ball/sphere, tools, spare parts, and data/notes are impounded before the start of the competition" If a team does not impound data/ notes, then its considered a "No." When you input a "N" for no on the roller coaster score sheet for 1. Rollercoaster impound you get tier 3. Any thoughts? TIA
You need to impound anything that you are going to use so if you want to use spar parts, tools, and data/notes I would recommened you put them in a carrying case and impound all of it when you impound the rollercoaster. I dont think anywhere on the rules it says that you need data/notes but if you want to use it impound it.

ms74coach

Postby ms74coach » March 1st, 2019, 8:26 am

You need to impound anything that you are going to use so if you want to use spar parts, tools, and data/notes I would recommened you put them in a carrying case and impound all of it when you impound the rollercoaster. I dont think anywhere on the rules it says that you need data/notes but if you want to use it impound it.
Yeah I figured that would be the case but I remember a person posted that his team got tiered 3 because of not impounding notes. I guess it's up to the ES on how they interpret the checklist.

DragonTownEpic
Division: B
State: CA

Postby DragonTownEpic » March 3rd, 2019, 5:57 pm

I'd just impound everything you will use.
I will dab on stage twice if I get an award at a SciOly Competition. If you and I go to a competition, and I get an award, you will probably know who I am.

And, if you see me:
Stand up.
And then dab.
See you there!

knightmoves

Postby knightmoves » March 3rd, 2019, 7:09 pm

Yes. As some teams discovered at IL state last year, that includes your wristwatch. Don't look at it - impound a stopwatch.

sciolyperson1
Division: C
State: NJ

Postby sciolyperson1 » March 4th, 2019, 1:19 pm

Yes. As some teams discovered at IL state last year, that includes your wristwatch. Don't look at it - impound a stopwatch.
Is that why Marie Murphy got Tiered/DQed?
WW-P HSN '22

Nats:
Team - 3rd '18, '19
Roller - 1st '19
Mystery - 3rd '19
Buggy - 4th '19, 5th '18
Mission - 3rd '17

'20: Gravity - Boomi - WIDI - PPP
Vehicle event medalling streak - 15
Rate my tests!

knightmoves

Postby knightmoves » March 4th, 2019, 8:28 pm

Yes (although I think they used a cellphone as a timer rather than a wristwatch). I think at least two other teams got tiered for using wristwatches.

DragonTownEpic
Division: B
State: CA

Postby DragonTownEpic » March 8th, 2019, 8:59 pm

Yes (although I think they used a cellphone as a timer rather than a wristwatch). I think at least two other teams got tiered for using wristwatches.
A cellphone??? Just get one of these!
[url]https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Multi-function-Electronic-Stopwatch-Resistant/dp/B01FVTQGRK/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=stopwatch&qid=1552107419&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-5[/url]
I will dab on stage twice if I get an award at a SciOly Competition. If you and I go to a competition, and I get an award, you will probably know who I am.

And, if you see me:
Stand up.
And then dab.
See you there!

Return to “Roller Coaster B”